TWENTY-NINE

"The Yule Ball....has been tradition of the Triwizard Tournament...since its inception," Professor McGonagall explained to the Gryffindor students. Years third and upwards were all seated on either side of a small hall; the girl's on the right and the boys on the left, "On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests will gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As the representatives of the host school...I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And, I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost.....a dance!"

The boys all groaned and sulked in their seats, whilst the girls looked over the moon with the news as started whispering amongst themselves. Aurora rolled her eyes at the idea as her eyes met with Fred's across the room, he send her a quick wink before he looked back at George. 

"I bet he's going to ask you," Ginny whispered, leaning into Aurora's side.

"What?" Aurora turned her head towards the younger girl, confused as she asked, "Who?"

"Fred, of course," Ginny exclaimed as if it was the most obvious answer but before Aurora could deny anything Professor McGonagall silenced the room.

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries," Her stern voice spoke, "I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons....Now to dance...is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers....longing to burst forth and take flight," She said as she glanced at the girls, her head then sharply turning to look at the boys, "Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance... Mr Weasley."

"Yes?" Ron asked, his eyes wide with fear and confusion. 

"Will you join me, please?" Professor McGonagall asked, although it sounded more like an order than a question. 

Ron's mouth flew open as his cheeks turned red, before he knew it Fred and George pushed him out of his seat and up onto his feet as he stumbled towards the Gryffindor Head of Year.

Aurora and Ginny couldn't help but laugh loudly and wolf whistle jokingly at the boy who send them daggers.

"Now place your right hand on my waist," Professor McGonagall said causally. 

"Where?" Ron spluttered out.

McGonagall sighed, "My waist, Mr Weasley," she said, her voice becoming slightly annoyed as she moved Ron's arm onto her waist, "Extend your arm. Mr Filch, if you please."

Filch turned around from the scene and turned on the music as McGonagall counted the steps, moving with Ron who was stumbling over his own feet.

The room was laughing at Ron's confused and embarrassed expression as he danced with his Professor. 

"Now that is something I never thought I'd see," Aurora laughed, her eyes wet with tears as Ginny leaned on her shoulder; emerged in her own laughter. 

"Everybody come on!" Professor McGonagall instructed, immediately the girls stood up, all but Ginny and Aurora who instead slid down further into their seats. Whereas none of the boys even stood up "Boys, on your feet! Miss Black, you too!"

"God, this is going to be humiliating," Aurora mumbled, crossing her arms. She was actually looking forward to going back home for Christmas Eve, that was going to be the first time she'd be able to see her father since she came back from Romania. Before she had the chance to stand up, a large hand got thrusted into her face almost punching her in the nose. She looked up to see her favourite red haired boy standing in front of her with a large smirk on his lips.

"Would you do me the pleasure of joining me on the dance floor, madam?"

Aurora let out a laugh which caused the boy to smile proudly at himself, "As long as you never ever call me madam again," She negotiated, bringing her hand up and wrapping it around his.

"I can't promise that, but you're up already might as well dance," Fred said before dragging her to a less crowded part of the room. 

Aurora turned her head slightly to see Ginny and George standing together with thumbs up and large smirks plastered on their freckled faces, she shook her head and rolled her eyes before turning back to face Fred.

"I'm a terrible dancer, by the way," Aurora confessed as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"Well then, we can be terrible together," Fred said in a quiet voice as he placed his hands on her waist. 

Aurora smiled brightly at his words, her face turning red as she looked down at their moving feet for a moment before she looked back up at Fred.

Their eyes found each other causing them to forget about everyone around them. In that one moment it was just the two of them in the room. No one else. 

Aurora finally cleared her throat, "So, who are you thinking of asking?"

Fred's breath got stuck in his throat, he wasn't expecting her to ask that. He didn't know who he would ask. Of course there was only one person he wanted to ask, but he was way too embarrassed, "Oh, erm, there's this girl.....Hopefully she'll say yes."

Aurora felt her chest tighten as her throat closed up; he looked so happy explaining that there is someone he wants to ask, "Th-t-that's good," she said, her voice raspy as she stopped any eye contact that the pair had, "She'd have to be crazy not to say yes," Aurora added, her voice quiet but Fred still heard every word perfectly clear. She dropped her hands from his shoulders, "I gotta go....Need to send a letter off," she quickly muttered and without a second glance she ran out of the hall.

Fred stood in his spot frozen as his mouth opened in shock.

"What did you do?" Ginny asked, causing him to jump and turn around to notice his twin and sister standing behind him; both of them with crossed arms around their chests. 

'What makes you think that I did something?" Fred asked, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Because this is you that we're talking about," Ginny simply answered, "What happened?"

Fred shrugged his shoulders whilst he scratched the back of his neck, "I dunno? She asked who I'll ask...I said a girl I have in mind and then she left."

Ginny face palmed as George slapped his twin around the head.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"Because you can be so oblivious sometimes," George answered.

Fred still looked confused, his eyes moving back and forth between his siblings.

Ginny sighed, "Just ask her to the Ball. Immediately," she ordered, pointing a finger at her older brother before she pushed past him and left the room.