THIRTY-FOUR

Fred and Aurora slow danced the night away; they didn't even realise how late it had become until the Professors started shooing them out of the Great Hall. 

Their hands were intertwined as they walked through the quiet halls of Hogwarts. The only thing that could be heard were the clacks of Fred's shoes (Aurora had taken hers off hours before and of course Fred insisted on carrying them for her) and the laughter coming out from both of their mouths. 

"Come on your feet must be cold by now," Fred said, her was persistent to get Aurora to let him carry her back to the common room; he didn't want her getting a cold especially when he could easily prevent it.

Aurora smiled at the tall boy next to her, "Honestly Fred, they're not."

Aurora saw him looking at her through her peripheral and before she knew it she had been scooped up into his arms. She shrieked in surprise whilst her arms instantly locked behind his neck and her eyes observed his face, Aurora couldn't help but smile as she saw the cheeky grin he had on his face.

"I won," he mumbled quickly pecking her on the cheek. 

Fred finally set her down as soon as they reached the common room couch. Her exposed feet touched the soft carpet whilst her arms were still wrapped around Fred's neck, "I had a great time," she told him, her chocolate eyes boring into his.

"Me too," he replied in a low voice, neither one breaking eye contact instead they both started leaning in, their breaths mixed as their eyes danced from their eyes to their mouths. Aurora couldn't wait anymore, she rushed forward capturing his lips with her own. He was definitely surprised at first but quickly melted into the kiss, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist as he pulled her closer to his body. 

Aurora smiled during the kiss, her whole body felt like it was on fire as her lips moved with his. She could feel her heart hammering away in her chest as she tucked sightly on his long-ish ginger hair. 

Fred let out a low moan as he tangled one of his hands in Aurora's hair as they both stayed in that position for what felt like forever. 

"Wow," Fred mumbled as they pulled away, his breathing uneven and his pupils dilated.

"Wow indeed," Aurora said and a large grin appeared on her face.

"Will you be-"

"Yes."

Fred laughed, "I didn't even finish the question."

Aurora's cheeks were on fire, "I'm sorry I got excited," she groaned, tearing her eyes away from his and looking down at her feet.

She felt a hand underneath her chin, Fred moved her head back up so that he could look into her eyes again, "Don't be sorry. I'm glad it's a yes," he told her and before either one could mutter another word their lips were connected for the second time that night.