EIGHTEEN

The next morning Aurora was awaken by Ginny, her eyes were droopy as she brushed her teeth and then dressed herself in her Muggle clothes; a short sleeve t-shirt, pair of skinny jeans and some combat boots on top of that. The rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she walked downstairs into the kitchen. The only light coming from some candles that Mrs Weasley light up and the small chandelier that was above the kitchen table. 

"Why did we have to get up so early?" Ginny asked as she stepped down the stairs just moments after Aurora.

"We've got a bit of a walk," said Mr Weasley, who was dressed in Muggle clothes with a giant bag on his back. He was the only person that looked remotely awake. 

"Walk?" Harry asked, "What, are we walking to the World Cup?

Mr Weasley shook his head, "No, no, that's miles away. We only need to walk to the Portkey."

Before Harry could ask what a Portkey was, Mrs Weasley shouted sharply, "George!"

"What?" George asked, trying to put on an innocent voice as he looked over at his mum. 

"What's in your pockets?" Mrs Weasley asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Nothing!" George told her, looking insulted that she thought he was up to something. 

"Don't you lie to me!" Mrs Weasley said, her voice stern and she pointed her wand at George's pockets, "Accio."

Aurora watched as several brightly coloured sweets flew out of the boy's pocket, he tried to grab hold of them but missed as they landed in Mrs Weasley's outstretched hand, "We told you to destroy these," She said, furiously, "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

Aurora (who was now stood close to Fred) placed her hand gently on the back of his arm trying to bring him some comfort in the unpleasant situation as sweets flew out of the twins' pockets when Mrs Weasley did the spell once again. The sweets zoomed from all sorts of places, including the lining of George's jacket and the turn-ups of Fred's jeans. 

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted as Mrs Weasley threw the sweets away. 

"Oh, what a fine way to spend six months1" She shrieked, "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!" 

The atmosphere wasn't at all friendly as they made their departure to the Portkey, Mrs Weasley was still angry as she kissed Mr Weasley on the cheek, although she was no where near as angry as the twins who hoisted their rucksacks up onto their back and walked out of the house without muttering a single word to her. Aurora said a quick polite bye as she zoomed out of the house catching up to the twins.

"I know that there's nothing I can say that will make you two feel better," She said, smiling sadly before she puts her hand into the pocket of her jacket, that she grabbed before she walked out, "But will these help?" She asked holding up a handful of colourful sweets, causing the twins to stop walking and gawk at the girl. 

"H-how?" George asked as he shared a confused look with his twin.

Aurora shrugged, "Well after the argument yesterday I was expecting her to be suspicious of you two," She explained, "So, after dinner when I went to the bathroom I snuck into your room and took some. Just in case. Do you want me to give you them now or when we're back at Hogwarts?"

The twins faces light up as Aurora explained to them what she had done and they crushed her in a tight hug, "We love you, A, we freaking love you," George shrieked with happiness, his lips wide as he smiled.

"Give us them when we're back at school," Fred said as George and he pulled away from the girl, "Just to be safe."

Aurora nodded before she gently placed the sweets into her back bag to keep them safe as she saw Mr Weasley walking out of the Burrow followed by the sleepy teenagers.

As they walked through the hills, the Sun had finally started peeking out warming up the exhausted teenagers. Aurora and Fred walked side by side right at the back of the group after George left them due to them walking too slow, although he also whispered something about sexual tension but before the pair could ask him what he meant he had already ran up to Charlie; who unlike Percy decided to walk there with them rather than apparate later on. 

"Thank you," Fred said, a genuine smile on his face as he looked down at Aurora.

"You don't have to thank me," She told him, "I know how important those sweets are to you two."

They looked deeply into each other's eyes, getting lost in them as their pace slowed down even more. Their attention finally turned to the group in front of them when they hear two new voices. Aurora noticed Cedric Diggory; a fellow Hogwarts student from Hufflepuff standing next to who she assumed was his father as he spoke fondly with Mr Weasley.

"Come on, kids," Mr Weasley called out behind him, waving his arm, "The Portkey is just up here."

"Finally," Aurora heard Ron mumble tiredly as the teenagers made their way up to a old boot, that looked as if it had been in that exact spot for years thanks to all the grass growing from it. 

"That's a Portkey?" Harry asked in disbelief. 

"Of course it is," Mr Weasley smiled, "What did you think it was going to be?"

Harry shrugged as he was lost for words whilst he stared at the dirty boot. He still couldn't comprehend magic. 

Aurora and Fred walked over and stood around the boot, "Alright kids, grab onto it," Mr Weasley instructed. Everyone did as they were told, they laid down onto the wet grass as they placed their hands on the boot. Before they knew it they started to spin as they and the boot flew up from the grass. 

"Three....." muttered Mr Weasley, "two......one.....let go."

"What?" Hermione shouted over the wind, her voice laced with confusion. 

"Let go, now," Mr Weasley repeated himself. 

Aurora let go of the boot, she was jerked down and screamed as she felt as if she was falling from  the Astronomy tower. The howling of wind and the swirling of colours was making her feel nauseous. Before she could even comprehend what was going on her body slammed into the ground with a heavy thud. She closed her eyes as she rolled onto her side, groaning in pain before she finally opened her eyes and noticed Mr Weasley, Mr Diggory, Cedric and Charlie flying down gracefully, where as everyone else was sprawled out on the grass.  

Charlie walked over to the black haired girl who was still groaning in pain as her back had managed to hit a rock when she collided with the ground, "You alright there, Black?" He asked, smirking playfully at her as he grabbed her hand and helped her stand up. 

"I've been better, Weasley," She replied as she tried to stable herself when she was up, a few seconds of holding Charlie's arm her vision returned to normal and she wasn't dizzy anymore. She let go and the pair walked over to the top of the hill where everyone else was walking over to as well. Her chocolate brown eyes widened at the sight below them; hundreds beyond hundreds of tents were set out across a giant field, people running around laughing as they waved flags of the team they would be supporting, even house-elfs were present. 

Aurora stared in awe at the scenery before her Mr Diggory and Cedric left the group as they went off to find their tent. 

"Come on then, kids," Mr Weasley said, "Let's go get our tent."