Chapter 12 Smile

*Recap*

"I'm so sorry to do this again . It's just - I had this tutoring session that I forgot about and ... I REALLY need to go. I'm - I'm sorry. I'll call you." I said , rushing off to my car , but not before hearing his voice behind me say ;

"You know , don't bother."

*End of Recap *

I turned around at his disappointed tone of voice,  seeing him walk back to his car and driving off in a hurry.

I did it again.

I did this.

But I didn't have the time to fix it right now.

Gosh ! I didn't have the time to fix it right now !

Why !? Why did I have to agree to all of this? 

Why did I pick up that phone? 

Why did I walk off ... again.

Pushing all this to the side - for now atleast - I made my way to the hospital cafeteria, where Logan must be waiting for me very impatiently. 

Walking through the fluorescent doors I could see his steaming state from here , his face contorted into a grumpy , upset mess. 

"Do you have any idea what time it is !?" He practically yelled in my face, making everyone around us turn around concerned.

"Um it's about ... 1 ? I'd say." Trying to keep my cool while in reality I was bursting with all different types of emotions on the inside.

"Don't be smart with me ! I've been waiting for you for over an hour! And unlike YOU I actually HAVE places to be and people to see ! DON'T WASTE MY TIME ! " he roared in my face , making me feel slighty embarrassed that everyone around us were experiencing this out break.

"I'm sorry ... I was just busy wi-"

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE !? " he yelled at me while I took a seat at the table.

"I really am sorry Logan ..."

"NOT ENOUGH. IF YOU THINK I'VE MADE YOUR LIFE HELL BEFORE,  JUST YOU WAIT !" And with that , he grabbed his bag,  leaving me with the starring crowd and the feeling that I've messed up again.

Twice in one day.

Way to go me .

The next thing I knew,  I was chasing after him. Pulling him back by the strap of his backpack  saying; "Logan please! Don't do this . I promised your mom I would help you . Even if it means I have to sit through your insults "

But what he said next made me question my next move . And everything else for that matter.

"Who do you think you ARE little 'I'm a church girl ' !? Who gives you the RIGHT TO JUST YANK ON ME ! INCASE I HAVEN'T MADE IT CLEAR YET ; LET ME MAKE IT CLEARER. " he looked straight at me before jabbing his finger in my face saying " DONT. YOU . DARE. TOUCH. ME. AGAIN! " As he finished yelling in my face I could feel my eyes start to gloss over as he shoved me , making me stumble and hit the wall behind me while he walked off.

I wiped my hands across my face,  feeling  frustrated by the situation  I'm finding myself in , though calming myself wasn't as easy as that.

Deciding I needed a break from all of this drama , I walked over to Aunt Tanya's room , seeing her and Melody in the middle of having lunch.

"I'm sorry , I didn't realize you were eating." I said,  starting to back out of the room.

"Nonsense. Tanya and I would love the company wouldn't we Tanya ?" Melody said with a big smile.

"So what's up ? How's school ? Have you worked everything out with Shawn yet ?" Aunt Tanya said , and that's when I started to break down and tell them both the sad tale that was my day.

At the end of it both of them were holding me in some way , Aunt Tanya with me in her arms and Melody holding my hands in hers.

"Don't worry about Shawn. He'll come around. He's your friend after all , he knows you better than anyone . He knows that you didn't mean anything by all of this." Aunt Tanya said .

"Yeah , and don't worry about Logan,  he just needs to grow up and suck it up. " Melody said , making a giggle escape my lips by her choice of words.

"Thanks guys. I really needed this ..." I said,  feeling embarrassed that I made such a big fuss out of all of this.

I was being silly , really.

"Anytime. That's what family is for." Aunt Tanya said,  giving me a warm smile ,reminding me of my mother's. 

"So what did the doctor say ? Are you being released soon ?" I said,  changing the topic at hand to a less depressing feel.

"Um , yes. He said I would be released next week at the soonest,  granted if my test results come back positive. Then I'm off to recuperating at home , in the comfort of my own bed , surrounded by the people I love."

"Aunt Tanya that's Amazing ! I'm so happy for you !" I said ecstatic that she would finally be able to come back home , well our home .

"Now don't you forget about this poor woman staying behind. " Melody said with a light hearted chuckle,  making my heart ache.

I almost forgot she couldn't just up and go as we could ...

I took her small , cold hands in mine , warming it up as I looked into her tired eyes.

" We could never forget about you Melody. You're part of the family now.  "

Her eyes lit up at my words , shifting between Aunt Tanya and I as a smile started to form on her thin lips.

"Thank you Amaya. You both mean the world to me. I would've been so proud if God would've given you as my daughter. But I guess the Lord had other plans , you never would've blossomed into this beautiful,  young lady if it wasn't for the love and care of your amazing family. " she said sweetly,  making me so proud of the person I was and that I could've touched someone's life this much.

It warmed my heart knowing I did this. I did something good to someone who had hope otherwise lost.

This was what made my day.

This was what made me forget about all the Shawn and Logan drama.

This was what made all of my pain and ache worth it.

To see a woman who has lost all her hope in everyone around her , her faith hanging by a thread , smile. A real smile . A grateful smile.

I stepped back seeing the glowing faces of two of the most influential woman in my life .

They we're happy. Proud.

And it wasn't of me , but how God chose to use me in their lives today , yesterday and tomorrow. 

I would never have thought about something as amazing as this , something greater than myself .

But I don't regret going over to pray for the 'woman across the room' one bit.

It brought me here.

And today , it was exactly what I needed to hear.

This made my day 100 times better .

And like the famous quote says from Sing ; when you've hit rock bottom , the only way is up.

And that's where I'm intending to go.

I'm not so sure about the way I ended this chapter. But it gave me a very deep vibe. I wanted to be a little serious, real. And bring her to the realization that she's not the only one with problems and that there's a reason for everything that happens. So , thank you all for reading. Remember to leave a comment down below. Until next time, keep howling my wolves ❤🐺