1. Talking with the Dead, Yeah its Fun

Yeah, I know it's awkward. They all thought that I was dead. It is a punishment for a deed I did. Technically, I was dead but literally I wasn't. My name is Neel, Neel Soni. I don't remember what my age is now. Tracking the time here is quite hard. Only you are listening to my tale so I may begin.

I warn you. If you are one of us, then reach the place quickly where I reached a couple of years ago, accidently, but yes I reached that place because if you are between normal humans then you are in a serious trouble.

It all started at the end of the second decade of the twenty first century. Fourth February was the date. I was in seventh standard and the most horrible truth; my exams were going on.

From the second I woke up, I felt something strange like someone was watching me. When I went for bath, someone spoke "Ya man! What's up?" I panicked. I caught hold of my locket, a pendent with a strange stick on one side and a peacock on the other. Mom gifted it to me on my fifth birthday. Ok I will explain about it later.

At that moment I was a mere child to whom somebody was saying hello while he was taking a bath. I only managed to say " How-do-you-dare-to-interfere-in-my-privacy-?" The person spoke back "Oh busy? Ok I will talk with you later."

I thought that it was all my imagination as I had no speakers in my bathroom. I got ready and sat to study for my next exam. The exam was of Hindi - a widely used language in India. I had to study Grammar, unseen passage, literature and Mahabharata. The section Mahabharata was my real fear. To those who are new to this, Mahabharata is a long poem describing a Civil War between five brothers The Pandavas and their hundred cousins The Kauravas.

When I started studying it, I again heard that sound, "Yeah man! Let me see what you are doing now. Studying? That's good."

This time I was not scared. "What are you doing here? Why can't I see you?"

"For answer of your second question I am invisible. And for the answer to your first question I am your well-wisher."

This time I was irritated. "Mom, can you hear a Bart talking to me?" I shouted. "No" she replied.

"I also forgot to tell you that only you can hear me. I am speaking in your mind."

" Just leave me alone and let me study for tomorrow's exam." I shouted at him.

"But you need-"

"Just shut up."

"A sssppppaaaarrrreeee." he whispered and then for that whole day, no one was whispering in my mind.

The next day when I started to write my exam I was confident as my paper was going great. But when I reached for the questions which included Mahabharata, I was out. I was pulling my hair so that I can kick start my brain.

I was in the middle of chaos I heard his voice again, "Need any help?"

So I told him about the questions which were worth of 12 marks.

"Mahabharata was my favourite. I can tell you the answers but in return, I to be your friend, please."

So as a deal, he told me the answers. Which, when I discussed with my friends, were all right.

I started to talk with him for hours. He even saved me from two to three mere accidents. He, thus, was my well-wisher.

Then one day I headed to a strange conversation

"Hey friend, what is your name?"

"Hey, I am on incognito, I can't tell you my real identity."

"But I need to call you something right. I can't always call - well-wisher help me."

"Call me whatever you like."

"I will call you Stinkfart."

"No! That's an ugly name. You should call me something like Mr. Handsome or something like that."

So by all terms and conditions, we agreed to the name ZIGGY.

A few days later, my results came out and thank ZIGGY, I passed with eighty eight percent. I was pleased and so were mom and dad.

We asked dad for a return gift for our performance. Dad suggested to go somewhere, far away from our home Mumbai. He suggested Rajasthan. My and sis's mood was jolly good. We were exited. But later that night, I heard mom and dad discussing secretly.

" No-No! We can't go to Rajasthan." Mom said.

" But we have to. It was decided."

"No! We know both of their destinies. Both of them have a terrible future. Anshu's destiny is tough-"

" That's why we need them to go there. One day they will have to face it. What is the purpose of delaying it?"

"And what about Neel? His fate is horrible."

By hearing this, I had a bunch of questions going down in my mind.

What was my fate? Why was it horrible?

I needed an answer.