2. A Journey to Begin

For the next few days, I was having a daily session with ZIGGY. I discovered some strange habits and talents possessed by him. He always warned me when a bully was inside hundred meter range. He always helped me with Mahabharata and Ramayana. Even I started finding it interesting. He even sometimes told me some bedtime stories.

But he had some nasty habits too. He was interested in knowing the name of every actress, both Bollywood and Hollywood. He sometimes shared some educational sessions like - keeping with the loss sessions, adolescent awareness programs and, how to hold relationships. But he also told how was the flavor of madeera(rum), brandy and wine, but not vodka.

He even likes, what to say, lightening, electricity and currents. Some days before, when I was switching off the switch, he asked what that was. I answered by telling him that it contained electricity and you know what, he wanted to try that shock by ordering me to put my fingers in the switch.

Spending time with ZIGGY was not an easy work at all. Many times it happened that Sis was going to catch me red handed. Even dad started suspecting me for my changing habits. According to my family, I was spending too much time alone( I oppose it. I was not alone at all. I was always in the company of ZIGGY. Which I think, my family members will never understand.) Mom said that only mad people talk to their own selves. So practically, my family was thinking I was going nuts.

I kept my mind totally off the topic - about the conversation mom and dad had. I adjusted my mind and I promised, when my fate will come, when my doom will come, I will face it, now or later.

I removed my attention from that topic and started to think of a new one. We had to make the lists of places we wanted to visit. I, being a typical North Indian, always liked to visit places. But for some reason, mom and dad always went to nearby places and we never set foot off Mumbai. Yeah, Mumbai is the place where I live. Mom always worried when we went to picnic and never let us go to far away tourist spots. Now we were going to visit Tanot Mata temple. I read about this place in newspaper-

The only temple which survived Bombs!

In the last IndoPak war, Pakistani soldiers did a bombardment on many regions in the state Rajasthan. There was a bombardment on the Tanot Mata temple also.
While all the bombs caused terrible damage of life and property, none of the bombs blasted which fell in the temple. The news was strange but no one knew how!

By the way, at that time I was of thirteen. I had a nice family- dad, mom and a sister. The name of my sister is Anshu. Being a minute younger I had to made sacrifices with my assets.
So where was I? Yes we were going to Tanot Mata temple.
The place TanotMata is near Jaisalmer, in Rajasthan. The place is near IndoPak border so is a well protected military area.

My family was quite excited not just because Mom loved to go in temples but for the fact that we were going on a holiday after a very long time.

I was so excited to meet Varun that I was unable to sleep the whole night. In my thoughts, I could feel the happiness I could give to Varun when we will meet them. Being restless, I woke early, got dressed, bathed and did necessary arrangements in my luggage. I got fully ready at eight o clock. I asked Mom "Mom, wake up. Are not we going to the temple?" She got up and stared at the clock. "Ya, I shall get the things ready." The train was at 2 PM which meant we had to leave the home at 12. I had plenty of time so I decided to play 'Player's Unknown Battle Grounds' (PUBG). Later, I got the newspaper and read my horoscope. Of course, Leo is my zodiac sign. I read it and it clearly said

Bad Luck is coming to town.

I did not know what in this world this quote meant. But for sure it said that I may be unlucky for the whole trip.
At Nine, Sis and Dad woke up. I asked Sis to get dressed. Mom made food.

We packed our bags. I got my earphones, Sis got her mobile and we were all set. While we were leaving, a black cat crossed the path. Mom said to the driver "Stop! It's bad luck." But the car was quite fast so we crossed the line. Dad said "Don't worry. Its nothing. After all, we are going to the temple know? Nothing can be bad." But this left a mark of fear in Mom's mind. Mom was nervous for the whole drive. Many times she said, "What if an earthquake comes? What if there will be a terrorist attack?" I thought not to think about it as it was beyond my mind.
We reached the station by one p.m. and took attain from Mumbai to Jaisalmer.