24. School Trip

Karan took his position. He was going to work as a bait now. At least these were the most sensible words he could get in his mind. But he still felt a bit of thingie. Was he being a fugitive? He might was, atleast from his point. But if he was going to be called a fugitive, he knew it wasn't because of him. It wa because of the so called Speedo powers he had got. Running, or maybe running away, was now in his nature. And this definitely wasn't a part of anything he was taught.

"So what are we gonna do?" asked Anshu as she asked him to retold what they had decided. Karan rolled his eyes up, trying to remember and tell it straight, "Um.. Uh.. You and I will distract him and induce him to come after us. Not to risk the lives of fellow humans in our motive. Only triggering him and no weapons, no weapons until we reach the stadium. Once we reach the stadium we kill him and chapter over." he said as he started panting realising that in repeating all that stuff, he forgot to breathe.

A lot of things were going in Anshu's mind at once. Too many things to figure out if to be more precise. Her mother's words while she sang her the lullaby, the photos, and at last, the letter, she had all in her head.

Leave Neel, leave him on whatever course he is on.

Her mother's words still echoed in her ears. Her mom wanted her not to look for Neel. To leave him alone. But how could she leave her brother, with whom she had lived all of her life. She was now a part of him as he was hers. If it would have been the same old times and the same old Neel, she would have happily left him alone. But not now. Nearly nothing's normal now. He needs her and she's sure of it.

And then there was this:

Never look for us.

And,

My child was never meant to fight.

How in the utterly terrifying, horrifying and annoying way was she not going to look for them? Which child doesn't? Still, her mother knew this would happen and now she was asking her not to look for them. Insane but honest, she would choose dying looking for her parents rather hearing them being dead while she lived, while she knew she had a chance to look for them, to save them, to atleast try.

She tried hard not to break. She couldn't. Now she had to be the strong one.

My child was never meant to fight huh? My ass! She thought as she unleashed the zulu in a split of second. Even grown-ups can be wrong sometimes. And in my case, it's time to tell them that they are.

She wasn't in this alone all this long. She too had friends: Chitrakshi, Shoubdha and Karan. They did barely know her but had done everything they could, risking their lives too. They had taught her what true friendship was. What it is. True friends don't ask for anything in return of help. Had to say, but she had learnt a lesson from everyone of them, including that idiot Karan. But was what she doing was right? Karan could have been killed today it wouldn't have been her. Everyone was risking something in her family matter now. She couldn't fail them.

In all these deep thoughts, a thought still tingled in her head. Something told her that her family along with every single person who was helping them, Karan, Chitrakshi, Shoubdha, even Vaani and Dhruv were going to be in grave danger and this very thought haunted her because she's never wrong.

After such mind throbbing thoughts, Anshu still paid fair attention her surroundings, to what Karan was saying. If one would have been lost in her thoughts, one would have been actually impressed. "Uhm... Nearly all was right. You were wrong at two places. First, not we but you will distract him. Secondly, we will only harm him as so to get information. We will only harm him and in very, I mean very-very minute case, you will kill him."