20. People with Bones and Ashes

Vaani quickly changed into the outdoor gear, a tank top along with jeans completed by her scabbards. Vaani said herself an all the best and went out of the castle. It wasn't like she was allowed to, but there was no one to stop her either. Near the main door to the castle, she found her brother ready. Around half an hour ago or so, she asked Dhruv to arrange a chariot and some food. She also was going to need something that belongs to Neel and she exactly had that thing with her. 

"So are you sure about it?" 

"A sixty seven percent that it will work." 

They both sat on the chariot and Vaani ordered the driver

"To the People with Ash and Bone." 

He did as he was asked to. The horse ran on a two hundred horse power! 

"So what do you have for his belonging? 

She was confident but her brother thought the other way around. At first when she told him what she was thinking, Dhruv was shocked at her thinking. The people with ash and Bone are not worth talking to. Don't ask why he knows it. The reason is crystal clear

First, the people of that community are not SaptaSiddhis. 

Second, they tend to be masters at flipping on their own decisions. For them, no side is good or bad. 

Third, they refused to help the kingdom in the War, which not to mention, was a SaptaSiddhis against Demon-Bloods war. 

Fourth, hygiene is not a thing you can expect from them. Earlier generations often ran nude on the road. 

Male nudes wasn't a carve for Dhruv. 

Dhruv remember his dad. Was he was a great king? He definitely was. Dhruv's dad ruled the kingdom for more than a decade. Being a king wasn't easy. His dad did have less time for his children but he was okay with it. He's dad was doing his job, his karma and he knew one day he would too. His dad made him learn the basic duties of a king all by heart. 

A king is one who keeps his people before himself or his family. A king always stands for right and will stand till end even after knowing that he minght also die doing that. 

But he didn't expect that to come too early. It happened when he was a year old. The weather was cold indicating winter. People in ETKing were living a happy life. Dhruv used to play early in the morning as the white fumes which formed when his hot breath interacted with cold climate astonished him. Then suddenly the things changed. The winters hit their lowest temperatures. The winter crops failed without a reason. Then they came. 

As the current situation was not bad enough, the southern border showed sights of trespassing. As his father got the news. He quickly took adequate measures. The security was doubled and gates were on alert. But that wasn't enough. One night he woke up by cries of her mother. His father was lying dead on the floor and a Demon was suckling blood out form his body. His mom ran in helplessness and Dhruv got a glimpse from the window. All of a sudden a whole army of Demons- both Danavas and Daityas- were in the kingdom. The army covered most of the southern part. It consisted of hellhounds, wolves, vultures, drakons, serpents and what not. The army attacked at night when everyone was asleep. Cowards!

They didn't even get time to prepare for battle. The enemy came as a storm. The army of ETKing stood no chance against them. Gods and demons are foes since eternity to eternity. The Gods themselves established this kingdom and hence SaptaSiddhis and demons were enemies too. The gods, for safety, locked the demons in another dimension, the paatal loka. But that day no protection seemed to work. People prayed to gods to stop this destruction but none of their prayers were heard. SaptaSiddhis asked others for help but no one did. Neither the Chosen Ones, nor the People with Ash and Bone. The people with Ash and Bone said-