15. Worries of the Royals

The wind flew gently inside the purple colored room. A small white dog walked through the whole room, barking, searching for someone. 

The room consisted of a lot of paintings. Majority ones were nature portraits. Others were portraits which the girl was asked to make by her friends and family.

The room went silent when the dog stooped barking. The dog finally found her. The girl was sitting in front of a canvas, painting. Painting the view of a person she met recently. Her clothes were colored with strokes of paint brushes. On the table behind her, a scroll was kept. The girl was fully immersed in her painting, not aware of the things around. The dog rubbed it's soft white fur on her bare skin.

"No Ki. Don't distract me." She said to the dog. "Go, play with your toys." 

But Ki, the dog, didn't listen. She kept making gestures asking the girl who's painting it was.

The girl finally fed up and lifted Ki straight in her arms. 

"What?" She asked.

Ki gestured towards the painting.

"He?" She tensed for a little time and then went back to normal. She herself glanced at the painting she recently made-

The background of the painting was dark as if sun been itself replaced by night. Behind the people standing, a temple was visible. 

The person featured in the painting had black hair. He was as old as the girl herself. His clothes were nearly torn off, every muscle in his body was tight. He was alert. His golden eyes glowed in the dark atmosphere around. He was alert but wasn't calm. 

The boy was standing over a man. Blood flowed over the floor straight from the man's body. The boy killed him! The girl was sure of this because she witnessed it! 

Ki barked again bringing the girl back to the reality. The girl was feeling deficiency of words. This murder reminded her of the very first murder she witnessed.

The ends of her eye begin to shine a little. She quickly moved her head in another direction. A tear escaped from her eye. 

She was in chaos. No way she was going to let people witness that she was crying. She didn't want to ruin her image, image that of a bold and strong girl who was afraid of no one. 

Ki comforted her, licking her face and acting to bite her nose. Ki gave an angry look to the painting. The innocent animal thought that her master was crying because of the boy in the painting. The girl understood her pet's intention.

"Hey Ki, no girl this isn't because of him. I mean I am witnessing many problems coz of him but not this one. I mean,I have met him couple of times by now and I am still not able to understand his personality completely. He seems so harmless. He cannot even catch a bird. How silly isn't it? 

He somehow gets himself in trouble. Where ever something unusual happens, he is found at the spot. Whenever I ask him about how such incidents take place, he just says I dunno. I have been giving him tons of work daily for the past three days. He has failed in many, has passed in some and let me tell you, he's .. He's is a mystery for me. Sometimes he seems to me as bloody murderer. Sometimes he seems innocent. Sometimes, he's worthless. From where I can see now, he's not even equal to half of the power of our ordinary soldiers. 

Handle him carefully. He's dangerous, very.

Guruji said this to me the very day he assigned me as his instructor. Maybe he was making a big fool of me. He once defeated Dhruv that's all his achievement is. But when I talked to Dhruv about it, he said maybe he was lucky that day.

Dhruv have got much satisfaction in these days by bullying him on my account."

She stopped in order to breathe. That was the time when her attention drew towards the scroll kept on the table. "Oh! I totally forgot about the preparations. Don't you remember?" She asked to her pet. The dog nodded in a NO.

"Ki tomorrow is Dhruv's birthday! There will be many people in the palace. Time to turn back into the princess." She said as she left the room.