17. Men In Black

I woke up finding myself under buried the shelf. What in the world happened last night? I remember that light, that shine but I don't remember what happened after that. 

Whatever! 

I got up and and got myself ready. Not to mention the fact that I was already late. Dhruv would probably like to throw me to vultures if I got anything wrong on his birthday. Someone slide a note from beneath the door. 

Dress well, it's a party. Don't tarnish my image. 

I got the point. Heading towards the wardrobe, I quickly took out a white jacket along with black t-shirt and black jeans. I now knew what style meant. 

Heading out of the room, i thought how that day was going to be. It's only the Prince's birthday. But something inside me said you are wrong. 

¤¤¤¤¤

I was walking around the hall as a dumb way to kill time. My chores were done. I checked the lights, tied ropes and nearly fell off a ladder. Dhruv passed by. I had my watch as I saw Vaani wishing him happy birthday. He was a bit older than me around a year or two. He today was wearing a yellow blazer along with black jeans and black t-shirt. Did he copy me? 

"Happy Birthday Dhruv." 

He looked at me and gave me a look. 

"Aren't you forgetting something?" 

"Yes… Your Highness." 

Yes you heard that right. You don't know what else happened to me while I was in this palace. I learned that sometimes it's better to simply agree. I was in no mood of standing there and arguing with him. It was his birthday after all. I could definitely give him a chance. 

"You should go and check the lighting moron." 

Bustard. 

Just then I felt as someone had the hold of my arm. I just turned and kicked the person straight on his hip. 

Just then I realised who he was. 

"I am sorry." I said as I started to laugh. 

"Hey buddy, was this a way to welcome a guest?" Karan asked. 

"No but- Wait! How are you here?" 

"The whole Kailash Graham is going to be present here. Didn't you know that?" 

"First of all I didn't. And second, where in the hell are the others?" 

"They are about to reach by now. I just got a quick faster."

Just then the entries in the hall started. Slowly the hall became crowded. 

I heard the small barks of a puppy I knew about. Ki came inside the hall, down the stairs with constantly moving her small tail. She came straight to me because ONE- Vaani was nowhere to be seen, TWO- Dhruv was surrounded by a group of people, and THIRD- she liked to tease me. 

"Hey girl, what's up?" I asked Ki while moving my hand around her white fur. "Looking for your master right." 

"Who's it?" Karan asked. 

"Vaani's pet." I replied as Ki acted to bite my finger, "and it's not an it it's a she. Respect the gender." I added. 

"Isn't she in her room?" Karan asked. 

"Ki just came from the room dumbo." 

I turned back towards her. 

"She might me in the garden. Find her champ."