23. Back To Home

"So this is your home?" Karan asked after seeing the nearly ruined apartment. For Anshu everything was just as same as she remembered- broken vase, books lying randomly on ground, there was a broken window which meant that maybe her dad or mom had tried to stop him. Everything seemed same, except the yellow tapes on the front door reading: DO NOT CROSS. MUMBAI POLICE. 

So the police had atleast done their job. She knew exactly what would have happened. An officer must have seen the crime scene, suspecting that it was an attempt of a theft, they might have assumed that both her parents would have been killed. Seeing her and Neel's disappearence, they have had assumed them being involved in this. The enquiry might have lasted for a month and then the file would have been closed due to insufficient evidences. 

And Anshu knew that if her parents would not return in another week or month, people might assume them all dead and her house would be on sale. 

Thank god it wasn't for today. 

"I think one of us should search in while the other searches out. This would make things more accessible." 

Anshu was surprised. She didn't expect Karan, an on foot circus, give such a practical advice

"I am going inside. Wait outside and warn me if someone comes." She said to Karan as she shrinked her size. 

"I will rather investigate the surrounding. Meet at the compound." saying that, he too went out leaving a whole house to Anshu, all by herself. 

¤¤¤¤¤

Anshu walked in her room. Everything in the room- including her stuff toys, books, dresses- was lying on the floor. She suspected something and keeping that doubt in her mind, she rushed to Neel's room. That too had same scenario. This made her doubt confirm. 

The demon who had come to house had put it upside-down. When she saw the living room, she assumed that it were signs of physical contacts and oppositions that mom and dad might had showed to him. 

But this was unbelievable that it might had been followed in the whole house. This means that the demon was looking for something. But what? 

Where would one keep something if one knew that keeping it was lethal? 

Lost in thoughts, Anshu herself didn't bother to see where she was going. She was just moving. In a minute or two, she was back in her room. She came inside, step by step, careful not to set foot on anything, neither to break any. 

Sitting on the bed on which she had slept nearly all her life, she remembered how mom used to come to her room and how she used to sing melodies to her till she was lost in dreams. 

She had this small memory of this incident of a night when she was five. She was sleeping beside her, her head on her mother's lap. Her mother was playing with her hair as sweetly as she was singing to her

Mom, you always come to me as so to sing songs for me. You never do that for Neel. May I ask why?  She asked. 

Her mother looked for at her in awe for a second and then just passed a smile at her. 

Tricky question my girl. She paused for a second. But girl your brother has something which you don't as so you have something that he doesn't. 

Stop telling riddles mom. 

In simple words AN, something one needs to prepare for something yet to come. One day in your future you will understand what I mean and if not then remember that the choices of your future highly depend on the deeds of your past. If not of another life then this one.