22. Minor Preparations

Hearing shouts early in the morning wasn't something Anshu was fond of. 

"GET UP YOU LAZY BEAR!" Chitrakshi was shouting on her while she was sitting on Anshu's stomach, applying full force to wake the sleeping beauty. She was nearly ready- hair combed in two braids, a kurta and jeans. 

"Five minutes!" 

"NO. No more sleep now." 

"Okay just two.. Two more minutes please." 

"A big no." 

"Pretty please, with a cherry on the top." She again dozed off. 

"Wake you modern day KUMBHKARANA!" 

Kumbhkarana was an ancient demon famous for sleeping continuously for six months. Saying this, Chitrakshi suddenly juked Anshu up. Anshu instantly reacted with a kick and they both fell off the bed. 

Chitrakshi silently cursed. She kept her hand on her stomach, an attempt to minimise the pain. Then she quickly turned at Anshu "Anything to say in your defense?" 

"Yes, I would rather prefer Snow White."

"Shut up and take a shower. You look mess." 

"Atleast I don't look wicked." Anshu replied recalling the last night conversation with Karan. "Where are they?" She asked pointing towards Karan and Shoubdha. 

"Getting ready. You are the last one to wake up." 

"I should quickly get a shower then." 

In a blue t-shirt and faded jeans, Karan was waiting for Chitrakshi and Anshu to arrive. He was excited for the ODI - One Day Intra-Mission as he called such things. One day was literal however, Intramission was something complicated. He had prepared at basic level too. His katars were with him, not visible, all thanks to glamour. He had some Indian Currency with him which he got from a nearby moneylender in exchange of equal amount of ETKing currency for just in case. 

Karan never thought he would be taking any serious decisions like breaking rules so casually, just like he didn't ever dreamed of visiting the other worlds. Obviously, SaptaSiddhis visited other realms, quite often. But getting that chance was rare. Only the highest officials were permitted to travel, the reason behind his urge to become to best in his work. Today he had to do a tough job. Anshu explained him his part last night when everyone else were gone. Now she was the one who was delaying this. This reminded him that he indeed had a company today - Shoubdha. 

"What are you doing?" he asked her waving his hand in front of her face. 

"Counting stars. You want to?" 

"Not at all." he passed for a moment and then started again, ".... You look pretty today." 

"Thanks for the compliment. But isn't this what you call flirting?" 

"I didn't ever think that way."

"Well you should. One, because you are no one to literally attempt to flirt with me. I know you like me, everyone does." 

"So how much is my chance?" 

"The list is too long. But what I am sure of is that you aren't in that list." 

"Then you should change your taste." 

"Aren't you ashamed of being talking to me about your relationship status while we are in middle of a serious topic?" 

"I am not ashamed of myself. That's my parent's job." 

"A high class moron." She whispered. Can't this boy see she wasn't showing any interest in him.