28. Revelations

Anshu was idly sitting on the roof of the palace. From where she was, she could see almost anything: soldiers coming in and out of the palace, the beautiful gardens nearby, the eagle flying in the sky and the topmost point of her current residence, Kailash Graham. 

The roses of the garden tend to bent a little as the cold blowing wind softly kissed them. While on one side, the swans in the pond were playing with each other, splashing water at one another, on the other side, on a nearby tree, a female bird was feeding food to her little ones. This all was completed by the sunset. What a view it was! 

But Anshu clearly didn't enjoy it, neither was she here to. 

"What are you doing here?" Dhruv asked as he ascended towards her. He placed every succeeding footstep carefully. Couldn't she find a decent place to sit? One wrong step and I'll gone forever!

"Go away Dhruv." was all she replied. 

This means I need to do something else to make her talk. He thought. 

"Can I sit here?" he asked her as he bend to meet her face. 

"Is it my palace?" she asked him. 

"No."

"Then who am I to object? Secondly, you're already seated." She replied as she pointed at him. 

"So what are you doing?" Dhruv asked her again. "Counting chickens?"

"Yes I am counting." She replied in a weak voice. 

Dhruv led out a laugh. "You're counting chickens? Even before they're hatched?" he asked as he led another shrike of laughter. 

"No Frog Prince. I'm counting the soldiers over here." She replied. When one is upset, one should do something engaging. She thought. This was a thing she discovered some years ago. For her it was counting. 

"So how many?" he asked. 

"What?" 

Great she's back to normal now. Dhruv thought. "I was asking how many guards are there." 

"I haven't completed yet." She said as she looked away. "So leave me alone, please." 

"As you wish." Dhruv said as he got up. "Do you really want me to go?" he asked her. 

"Every damn cell in my body is screaming the same." She replied. 

"Okay then." he said as he started walking back to the palace. 

Stay. Anshu thought. Don't go. It has been days since I have talked with someone about what I am going through. Clearly, she didn't turn back to say the same but a part of her wanted him to stay. 

Why am I even thinking this? He's no one. Just a rather arrogant teen that's it. 

Are you going to make your opinion about him so early? You barely know him. Her brain gave back the answer. 

Either I am too philosophical or this all is driving me crazy! She thought. 

Anshu stop being so tomboy type. You may not be always right. Her brain answered back. 

Shut up brain! 

Asking your brain to shut up? You're really going crazy! 

"STOP!" She shouted as she pulled herself out of her entangling web of thoughts. 

"What happened?" Dhruv asked as he rushed back to her. "Are you okay?" 

"Do you care so much?" She asked. I'm practically amazed! Maybe he isn't that bad. She thought.