Chapter 5: Cousin Serenia

Zale's POV:

I swim next to my cousin, Serenia, she was two years younger then me and we've been close since we were little. Our mothers will let us visit one and another since no one in Exile Waters will come anywhere near us.

"So rumors has it," says Serenia as we swim to her place, "That you and auntie are plotting revenge on the Kingdom of Ocealan. Is that true?"

"Word sure travels fast around here. But they are true. Mother has been waiting for the perfect time to get revenge and I am part of it." I said smug.

"Think you need any help?"

I shake my head, "Sorry. you are not getting in on this. Its just us. And we are going to rule the kingdom. I can make you a duchess if you want."

She taps her chin as she comes to a stop. Her bright green tentacles swirling around her. "Maybe... Would I be rich?"

I nod, "Yes you will."

Her eyes gleam, "Does the name Duchess Serenia sounds good to you?"

"Yeah sure," I shrug, "Though I doubt mother will let your mother come any where near the castle, but she likes you so you're good."

"Soo what are you going to do?"

I ran my fingers through my silver hair, "Going to use my charms to get Princess Lana to fall in love with me." I grin.

She crosses her arms over her chest and raises an eyebrow, "You really think Princess Lana will fall in love with you?" She scoffs, "And your charms? What charms?!" She laughs.

I hit her arm, "You're just jealous that I get to leave the Exile Waters and have revenge on the most famous king and queen in all the lands."

She clicks her tongue, "Maybe," was all she said.

I pat her head and she slaps it away and sticks her tongue at me as I say, "Don't worry Serenia, I will offered you a quarter of our gold."

"Then do me a favor, don't creep out the princess." she says, "She may be pathetic and stupid but no one deserves to suffer by your charms."

"Oh please, I probably wouldn't have to use my charms at all. If she's anything like her mother this plan will flow like a river."

She stops swimming and looks at me, "Don't be like your mother Zale." she warns. "She underestimated Ariel. The princess may have the blood of Queen Ariel, but she also has the blood of King Eric.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but, the princess may not be as naive as we think." She shivers as if it bothers her to say that.

I nod, understanding, "I won't," I promised.

"Also," she starts, "Don't fall in lo-"

"Serenia! There you are!" Interuppts a voice. We turn to see her mother, Morgana, swimming towards us. "You left before I could even finish the story of how I beat Ursula at a potion making contest! Oh the look of defeat and disbelief when she realized she lost to her younger sister! It was priceless! Oh!" She finally notices me floating next to Serenia, "Why Zale I did not see you there."

I gave her a small smile, "Hello dear aunt. How lovely to see you on this fine morning. You look like you haven't aged a day!"

She laughs, "Why thank you Zale, how is your mother? Still trying to perfect my anti-aging cream?"

I nod, "Still trying to figure out what ingrediants you used."

"Haha! It's a secret ingredient. If one day I am feeling generous, I might give you a sample to give to your mother. You would have to switch them. You know how proud she is," she says with mockery.

"That will be very generous indeed dear aunt. Well I sadly must take my leave, it was nice seeing both of you. Have a good day." I give them a curt nod and swim away.

"Wait Zale!" Serenia shouts and swims fast to catch up to me. Leaving a trail of bubbles behind her.

"Yes?" I ask looking at her.

"I didn't finished what I was going to say. Don't fall in love with Princess Lana. We don't want them thinking we villains have gone... Soft." She says in disgust.

I roll my eyes, "Really Serenia? You really think I'll fall in love with my nemesis? I worry for you dear cousin. Maybe you should get out more." I joked, "Ah, me? Fall in love with Princess Lana? I never heard such a ridiculous thing!"

She sighs, but she smiles, "It does sound rather stupid doesn't it?"

"It's very stupid!" I laugh, "Well I have to go now. I'll see you on Ocealan soon, future Duchess Serenia." I bow before I turn and swim away; laughing.

*******
So what do you think of Serenia guys? Will we see more of her in this book?

Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!