Chapter 20: Mother and Daughter

Lana's POV:

After I gave Zale a tour of the castle, soon it was dinner time. I lead Zale back to his room and I went to my room to freshen up.

Even though Zale told me not to think of mom and grandfather's conversation; I was still curious about who they were talking about. And couldn't shake the feeling that something was up.

I was fiddling with my bracelet without noticing til I stood in front of my door.

I sigh, "If something was wrong, I'm sure mother would let me know." I say to myself as I open the door and enter my room.

I made my way toward my wardrobe.  "What to wear..." I whisper as I gaze at my dresses.

I pull out a turquoise shoulder-length tulle dress. Simple yet elegant. I turn to my mirror and put the dress over my body to see how it looks. I tilt my head, considering the dress before I nod, "I think Zale would like it." I smile.

I turn around only to turn back to the mirror and smile. I batter my eyelashes, "Hello Zale, do you like my dress?" I ask the mirror as I twirl. The skirt flowing around me and I giggle, "You think I'm beautiful? Aw Zale, you flatter me."

I roll my eyes and laugh at my silliness before I went to my bathroom to change.

****
Later on as Im brushing my hair in the mirror, I sigh wistfully thinking of Zale's stormy grey eyes. And how he pulled me closer to him when we kissed. My heart flutters at the memory. I still couldn't believe that I kissed him first and then he kissed me back! I pump my fist in the air in victory.

A knock on my door breaks my celebration.

I get up from my seat and open it to see mom. She smile, "Wow you sure did freshen up for dinner. I don't remember ever seeing you freshen up for dinner with your family." She teases.

"I thought it will be a nice change thats all," I laugh. "Also what did grandfather tell you?"

Her smile vanishes for a split second, but was right back where it was. "It was nothing, Lana. He just wanted to ask how were things here. Nothing is wrong. Everything is fine." She says though it sounds like she's trying to convice herself that everything is fine.

I set my brush down and took her hands in mine. "Okay, but mom whatever is happening know that everything will be okay. And I know you don't want to worry me but whatever it is, I can handle it. I want to know what's going on. I'm not a child anymore."

She sighs as she slip one hand away from my grasp and set it on my cheek. "You're right. Nothing is wrong; if anything major comes up I will let you know."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now lets get a move on, I'm starving." She says as she leads me out of my room. "And I think Zale will like your dress."

She laughs as I blush furiously. "Y-you heard that?" I ask, fiddling with my bracelet. She then slip her arm around my shoulder, pulling me close.

"Oh sweetie, everyone heard you." She tease, "So I guess its true then." She mumbles to herself.

"What?"

"That the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You remind me alot of myself when I was your age. Daydreaming about romance and whatnot."

"Momm," I groan wanting to run away from this conversation.

She laughs an which it sounds so perfect and it fills me with comfort. I love it when she laughs.

"How did you know that you were meant to be with dad?" I ask slowly. I've been wondering about this question for awhile now and was dying to know the answer.

She sighs and stays silent for a minute or two; thinking carefully. "Um, I'm not quite sure how to answer that, Lana. When I first saw him on his ship, passing over my home. It was like the world had stopped spinning. Everyone on the ship disappeared. It was just me and him."

She smiles, her gaze far off. Not focusing on anything. "And when I rescued him, I gazed down at him. In my mind I saw flashes of images of the things we could do together if I were human. I wanted to be part of his world- be part of the human world.

"Some people think I was dumb for changing myself just to be with him, but I don't care. I get to be with someone I love and be who I always wanted to be, but I will forever be a mermaid on the inside. Plus, if I stayed in Atlantica I wouldn't have you." She then pulls me close into a side hug and gives me a kiss on my head.

"Why would they think you're dumb?" I ask in disbelief. Inside Im fuming, wondering who dares think my mother is dumb.

"They just don't understand that people will do crazy things when they're in love, hopefully they will one day."

I nod, agreeing completely. We then continue talking about other things as we walk to the dinner room for dinner.

******
HAHA! I UPDATED! I AM PROUD OF MYSELF! BOOM!

In this chapter I expressed my thoughts on Ariel. I heard alot lf stuff from people attacking her just because she turned into a human for someone she just met. To me I think she wanted to be human even before she met Eric, she just had another reason to be human.

And she didn't change herself for him she also did it for herself because it was her dream and she followed through it in which you wouldn't think possible and I admire her for that. She left her home to go up to the surface to learn about us and have love that she might never have had if she stayed in Atlantica.

Okay I'll stop ranting now so I can say comment your thoughts, vote, and share!