Chapter 6: Bon Voyage

Lana's POV:

The day slowly drones by with me reassuring my parents that I'll be fine. Finally its four in the afternoon. The sun was shining bright in the blue sky. A breeze will blow; leaving the smell of the seafoam behind. The trees rustles as it pass and the waves crash against the shores.

I stand near the docks; watching the crew get the ship ready for sail. I can hear the ship creak with the weight. Seagulls flew overhead. Some landed on the rails of the ship and watch people board.

"Your highness," says my bodyguard, Mr. Galvin, "Have your belongings been loaded?"

I nod, "Yes Mr. Galvin. Have you seen my parents?"

"Yes, your highness. They're talking to the captain. Ensuring your journey have a safe travel."

I sigh, "They don't believe me when I say I'm not going across the Exile Waters defenseless."

He smiles, his dark blue eyes twinkling, "I am sure they are discussing the ship's condition."

Mr. Galvin has been my bodyguard for a long time. In his late thirties, with a wife and two kids named Hansel and Gretel. I would play with them when he has no choice to bring them to the castle when no one was home to watch them.

Right now they are with their mother, Mrs. Rosie at the bakery, she owns. The siblings do have a sweet tooth, especially for their mom's famous cinnamon rolls. They are delicous.

I wonder if she's made any... How fast can I run?

Before I could start running, really craving for some cinnamon rolls; mother approach with father behind her leading six bodyguards.

"Lana," says mother, "The ship will be leaving soon. You better go ahead and board."

"And these men will be accompanying you," adds father, gesturing to the bodyguards behind him.

I nod, "Okay then. The more the merrier!" I said with a smile. The men had blank expression but one of them crack a small smile.

"You all go ahead and board the ship," instructs father, "We would like to be alone."

The head bodyguard nods and leads the others with Mr. Galvin leading the way, leaving me alone with my parents.

I smile, "Hugs?" I spread my arms open. Mother smiles and takes me in her arms. Her scent smells of ocean breeze. Her hair tickling my face.

Another pair of strong arms embrace us, "My two beautiful ladies," my dad says, "I sure am a lucky man." He pulls away and looks at me, "You be careful Lana. Okay?"

"I'll be just fine father. I'll be back before you know it." I hug them again and pull away, "I'll miss you both dearly."

Mother sighs, "You better board the ship before your father changes his mind," she says with a teasing smile.

I take a step back then two before I turn and leave. I walk across the wooden dock. Hearing my heels knock against the wood as I walk. Waves crash against the dock.

"Welcome aboard, your highness," says Captain Gilson, "I hope you enjoy your stay here on The Bringer of Hope."

I smile, "I'm sure I will, Captain." I walk to the ship's rails to look at the docks to see my parents watching as the ship pulls away. The sails were let down and immediately caught the wind.

I wave at my parents, "Goodbye! I'll be back soon!" I shout with a smile.

I stop waving til I couldn't see them anymore. I heave a sigh, already feeling alittle homesick, but I knew I'll be back soon.

Then there was a sound from down below. I look down to see three dolphins swimming next to the ship. They jump in the air and dive back in the water with a splash.

I laugh as one squeal at me as he soar in the air for a couple of seconds before he went back into the water. His skin shiny in the sun like he was glowing.

I look up and I see grandfather a few feet away. His long white beard flowing in the wind. His gold crown shining in the bright sun. I see his aqua green tail splash in the water. I waved at him, "Thank you grandfather!" I shout.

He laughs, and a cool breeze blew by, the waves crashed againist the ship's side, "Safe travels Lana!" He waves before he dives into the water and swims away.

The dolphins however follow close to the ship. Keeping me company and entertain. They showed me their tricks and even played jokes with the crew by spitting water at them as they pass the rails.

****
Later on as the sun went down and the sky was a mix of pink, orange, and light purple; a voice erupts through the silent calm ship.

"Alright, folks!" Calls Captain Gilson, "We're entering Exile Waters. Be on your guard. Protect Princess Lana of Ocealan at all costs."

All the guards including Mr. Galvin made a circle around me. Forcing me to back away from the rails and into the middle of the ship. I hear the dolphin from before squeal as they stayed in place and watch us sail further away.

All of the sudden, the clear skies was cover with dark clouds that appear out of nowhere. The clear blue water turn into a sickening brown. The sun was block by the clouds and we were engulfed in darkness.

Then lightening struck the waves with rain suddenly pouring down on us. It strikes my skin and it feels like ice. A strong wind howls around us. The ship rocks side to side as the waves crash against it.

"Take the princess inside!" Shouts Captain Gilson, "Hurry!"

Before I could take a step to the doors. Lightening strunk the crow's nest. Fire burst to life, the smell of smoke invading my senses. I hear the crackling of wood even through the pouring rain.

I watch in shock as the crow's nest fall apart. One of the burning woods caught onto the main mast. The fire quickly spread. The rain should atleast put some of the flames out but it didn't. The fire seems invincible as it grew larger and larger.

I scream in fear as the wooden mast falls towards me. I quickly jump out the way, leaning on the ship's rails.

"Princess!" Mr. Galvin shouts in horror. He tries running to me but the ship rocks to the side, making him loose his balance and he falls to his knees.

I gasp as I felt wood cracking behind me then the rail i was leaning against breaks apart and I fell into the sea. My back slams against the water and pain split through me.

I push the pain away and forced my legs to kick and I was swimming to the surface. I gasp for air when my head bursts out of the water. I blink away the water, eyes stinging.

I rub my eyes and look up at the ship. I gasp as I watch the flames grow across the Bringer of Hope. I hear shouts from my left and I can make out boats floating on the waters filled with the crew. They were shouting, "Princess! Princess!"

"I'm- here!" I shout, lightening struck the water and I was underwater once again. I kick to the surface, but I scream in horror as a wave crashes down on me and shoves me back underwater. I struggle to swim back to the surface and I was running out of air and strength.

I didn't realized I was all the way to the bottom, surround by darkness. I feel my movement slow as I drift deeper and deeper into the ocean. I stop fighting. This was how I was going to die.

Before I black out I hear a woman's booming voice, "YOU THINK YOU CAN SAIL IN MY WATERS AND MAKE IT OUT ALIVE AND SAFE?! HA! YOU POOR UNFORTUNATE SOULS WERE WRONG! DEAD WRONG! HAHA!"

*******

Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!