Chapter 28: Princes Not Low Class

Lana's POV:

After letting mom know we returned home safetly we had dinner without Zale and I went to bed early. Wanting to get extra hours of sleep.

The next morning I was lying in bed still sleeping when I heard a voice interrupting my dream.

"Lana... Lana... Wakey wakey..."

"Hrm?" I groan, my eyes still close. I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me lightly.

"Its time for you to get up... Got to get ready for your birthday party..." The light voice said and I realize it was my mom.

"Can't I just stay in bed the whole day? That will be the best gift ever..." I groan turning to my side so my back was facing her. I then pull the blankets over my head.

"But then you wouldn't see the beautiful dress I had made for you. If you don't get up I'm taking the dress for myself..."

I rip the blankets off my head and glared at mom. "How dare you threaten me like that. Don't touch my dress. My dress."

She smiles, "Why how else will I get you out of bed? Get up and take a bath while I go get your dress." She says as she pulls the covers off me. "We have to get you ready for the party."

Slowly I climb out of bed and went to my bathroom. After taking a long good shower I came out to the bathroom to see a rose pink shoulder length dress drape over my bed.

I touch the skirt, feeling the silk and tulle rub against my finger tips. Lace sew into a pattern of thick vines grew thinner as they lead to the bodice.

"Do you like it?" Mom asks from next to me. Holding my brush in her hand.

I touch the lace vines that felt ruff against my skin. "I love it," I breathe with a smile. "Thank you mom."

She smiles, "Im glad you do. Now sit down so I can do your hair while you eat your breakfast. How about and updo to show your beautiful face?"

I nod as I sit myself comfortably on my bench in front of my vainity mirror. Where a plate of sunny side up eggs and two toasted bread sat with a glass of orange juice.

"You are going to look magnificent this evening." She says while I stuff my face with breakfast. I've been starving all morning and was so grateful that mom brought me food.

I wonder why Zale didn't come to dinner last night. I think to myself. He was probably too exhausted from playing with the kids too much.

I smile at the memory of the look on Zale's face as he let Gwen ride on his back.

"Are you excited?" She asks as she brush my hair in her hands.

I nod, "Alittle nervous," I answer truthfully.

"Nervous? Why? We do this every year. I don't ever remember you saying you were nervous."

"I don't know maybe because Zale will be there."

"Oh..." Was all she said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"What?"

"Lana..." She starts but then her voice trails off.

"Yes mom? Is something wrong?"

She shakes her head and plaster a fake smile on her face. "No. Nevermind. Forget I said anything. Now do you want to wear your tiara this year?"

I turn around and grab her hand to stop her from brushing my hair. "Mom, I can handle it. What's going on?"

She sighs and rest her hand on my cheek. "Zale is not a prince."

I frown, "I know that. Why does that matter?"