Chapter 15: The Witch

Zale's POV:

The witch doesn't hear me creep up behind her as she lowers the bucket into the well. Once I take a step closer to her, she starts to cackle.

"I may be blind, but that doesn't mean I lost my hearing and sense of smell." She says, she doesn't bother to turn around, "Am I mistaken or do I smell the famous sea witch's son?"

I threw my hands up in the air in annoyance, "Why do people know who I am?" I ask with irritation.

She wheels in the bucket as she says, "Well you do have that salty ocean smell. And the fact that I heard your friend called you Zale. I only know one child name that and he is the son of Ursula."

She then reels in the bucket of water and takes it with two wrinkling hands. "Now why are you here interrupting my cooking? Does your mother need some sort of ingredient?" She smacks her lips as she grasp onto the bucket with her trembling hands.

I sigh, "I can't believe Im saying this, but you can't eat those children. They are my friend's friends."

She laughs, "Boy, do you know how long it's been since I last ate? Too long! And I am starving right now. Tell your friend to make new friends unless she would like to join them in the oven."

She starts walking slowly away, but I block her path and she stops. "Listen I'll make a deal with you," I said through gritted teeth, "My mother and I are about to have revenge on my 'friend's' family. The Little Mermaid's family. And I need to get close to her, but I can't do that if you eat her friends. If you don't eat them I promise to send you a family of mermaids and men. Eat as many people you want just let the children go."

She stays silent, thinking. Her milky white eyes staring past me, but not focusing on anything. She smiles, showing a few missing yellow teeth and I grimance and turn my gaze at anything besides her smile.

"Very tempting offer young man. Its a deal!" She raises her hand for a shake.

I looked at her hand. Flashes of my deal with Rumplestilskin and the pain I went through of making it. I squint my eyes and shook her cold wrinkle hands. When nothing happens I relax and pull away quickly.

"Okay follow me," she says as she sets down her bucket of water and walks towards the house and goes inside. I was about to enter when I hear a horrible loud shriek that rings in my eardrums.

"No! No! What are you doing?! Let go of me!"

I peek my head through to see Lana clutching the blind witch's hands behind her back and walks her to a boy's jail cell.

"Let him out!" Demands Lana, "Now!"

"I was going to do that before you grabbed me! What kind of lady are you?! Who grabs an old blind woman like that!" The witch shouts as she tries to shake Lana off.

"Who eats children?!" Lana screams, anger in her grey eyes. "You are no old blind woman! You're a cannibal witch! A monster! Now let him out or I will stuff you in the oven!"

The witch snarls and turns around at me. And I feel myself froze. It feels like she was looking right at me this time. Shivers went down my spine.

"Fine. Just let me go and I will let him out." The witch says calmly, "I won't try anything I swear."

Lana heaves and shoves the witch toward the jail cell and lets her go. The boy in the cell backs faraway from the witch.

The witch sighs, "Can't a woman just eat in peace?" She mumbles.

Lana glares at her, "You better be mumbling a spell, witch." She seethes.

The witch growls, but says nothing. She raises her hand toward the cell and I feel the house start to shake then the metal bars starts to lower. I grimace at the scratchy metal sounds that echos throughout.

Soon the bars lower into the ground and the boy was free. He walks close to the wall. Putting as much space between him and the witch. Then bolts behind her and to Lana's side.

The witch turns around, "Now will you all kindly leave or I will change my mind." She sneers.

My eyes then widen as I realize we're missing a kid.

Where's the Gretal? I think to myself then I see the young girl creeping up behind the witch and she grabs her by her arm and jerks her around.

"Wha-" the witch isn't able to say anything as she stumbles and Gretal shoves the witch into an opened metal door that lead into the oven. She quickly shoves the door close and smiles as she hears the witch pounding her arms and screaming.

"Thats for trying to eat my brother you old hag!" She yells.

My eyes widen in shock. It seems Lana isn't the only one who gets very ruthless when someone threatens someone she loves.

Lana sighs and relief, "Oh Im so glad you both are safe! Come on lets get you home." She says as pushes both the kids out the door. She looks back at me from the outside as I'm still staring at the closed metal door, listening to the witch's screams, I bite my lips to stop from smiling.

"You coming?" She asks.

I nod, "Yeah let me just do something. You go on ahead. I'll catch up."

With curiousity on her face, she turns away and follows close behind her friends.

I walk closer toward the door and tap on it and the screams finally fell silent. "This is not personal, but I don't need any more debts to pay."

"No! No please! The deals off! Please! Don't let me die!"

I ignore her pleas as I examine the dials by the door. I turn up the heat and click the oven on. The screams starts again more angry then frighten. Ringing through my head and giving me a bloody headache.

I walk quickly away from the oven and saw a cinnamon roll sitting on a plate. A smile breaks apart my face as I take the plate and grab me the fork.

"Can't let a good cinnamon roll go to waste." I say as I use the fork and took a bite of the sweet treat as I leave the gingerbread house.

*******

So comment your thoughts on this chapter cause I want to hear what you think! Vote and share if you love this book!