Chapter 23: The Angel and Devil

Zale's POV:

I wait for a minute or two after Lana left my room before I close my eyes and whack my brain for a spell that would make this fever be gone. I can't stay in bed for Lana's birthday party.

I groan and drag my hand over my face. Feeling so confuse; its like I don't know who I am anymore. Do I want to be good or follow through mother's plan and be evil? Its all I know what to do. I know more evil things then good.

I thought I knew what I wanted, but now I am so unsure. Because of a girl. One girl. One girl who is confusing me. She makes me want things I never thought about and what are these new feeling inside me everytime she smiles? How do I get rid of it for my mom's sake?

I hate this. I hate everything right now. Especially this bloody fever. I never felt so miserable in my life. And good and evil. I hate them both. I want to run away from the angel and devil chasing after me, telling me to choose a side. I can't escape them. Their voices ringing in my head telling me what to do and who to be and the devil was winning.

If you choose to be good theres no way you'll be with Lana. She is Princess Lana daughter of Queen Ariel and King Eric. You are Zale son of Ursula, the sea witch. You have no royal status. No title. You are nothing. You will always be nothing. So why be good when you have nothing to gain? When you can be evil and have a chance to be whatever you wish and take anything you want.

I close my eyes with a sigh. The voice was right. I am a nobody, but I have a chance to be somebody. All I have to do is focus on the plan and don't fall for her. Just focus on the plan and prize and everything will fall into place. It shouldn't be so difficult to grasp!

I open my eyes and feel my lips move as I mindlessly chant the words to the spell that will break my fever. I need to be on my feet to carry out my quest. I can't have no measly fever holding me down bedridden like a helpless human.

I am not a helpless human. I am Zale, son of the most powerful sea witch in all the seas. I think to myself.

And thats all you'll ever be. Says the voice.

No. I think as I seethe, I will not be known as the son of Ursula. I will more than that. I will be so much more.

I breathe in and feel energy flow through my body. The coldness and heat became balance with one and another. I stop sweating and shivering.

My throat didn't feel block and it felt like I could breathe again. I can smell again and take in a breath without coughing my head off.

I sigh in content, "Well that was torture." I said as I peel off the cold rag from my forehead and set it in the warm bowel of water on the dresser beside my bed.

I hear a knock at the door and I knew it was Lana. "Come in," I said.

The door opens and Lana steps in the room with a small smile. "So you're allergic to chicken?" She asks in disbelief.

At first I was confuse, wondering what she was talking about til I remember the lie I told her to get her out of my room long enough for me to remember my spell.

"Oh! Yeah I am. Sad isn't it?" I pout, wondering if she'll believe it.

She enters the room and sits on the edge of the bed. Staring at me suspiciously, "Why do you look fine all of the sudden?"

She leans over and place her hand on my forehead. She frowns and puts her finger on her chin, tapping it lightly. "Your fever broke. Wow that was awfully fast."

I gave her a weak smile, "Really? Wow I guess I can go to your birthday party tomorrow?"

She smiles and shrug, "I don't see why not."

I clap my hands on my knees, "So what are we going to do today?" I ask ignoring the feeling of how my stomach flips when she smiles at me.

Focus on the plan and prize and everything will fall into place.

*******
Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!