Chapter 5 : "The Letter"

That stupid door! I kept thinking about it. When I saw the artifact "Balance Orbit" on that door yesterday, I tried to open it but it was locked so I went to ask Chloe about the artifact since she's the oldest & she came before Amanda.

I thought maybe she'll know something but she said she never saw an artifact on that room's door & that room has been locked like this when she was hired. She said the main keys didn't have the key for that room since it's without a lock. The door looks like part of the wall, it's without a lock but is locked. Strange

Tossing to the other side of my bed, I thought about Mom. If she was here, she would've explained everything. Since their death, strange things have been happening to me. I even speak language which I don't understand, sometimes.

Alex got his ankle twisted yesterday & fell hard. Holding his foot, something came out of my mouth which I can't remember now & his foot was in working condition in just a few seconds. When I asked him about what I just said & which language was it, he said "You didn't say anything. What has gotten inside that head of yours. You're getting strange".

Everything's been so messed up that I couldn't concentrate on my studies. But as soon as I pushed myself to sit, came Aunt Chelsea's voice

"Come in" She slowly opened the door & gavee a sad smile "Aunt, you can come in whenever you want! You don't have to ask for permissions"

"El , I think this is what your mother left for you. I just found it in her room when I was cleaning" Aunt Chelsea gave me the letter my mom left for me

Why does it feel like they didn't die in an accident? My inner voice keeps telling me that Mom & Dad didn't die in an accident. But I never looked into it because Aunt Chelsea wants not to cause any trouble as she's lost enough

Pushing the negative thoughts aside, I took the letter from her hand.

"Read it" She tapped me on the shoulder with a smile

With eagerness, I opened the letter. Looking at her hand writing , without realizing a smile made it's way on my face

Dear El ,
By the time you'll get this letter , I'll be dead. You know that I love you , right? So don't get mad at me when I tell you this. Sweetie , you're not ordinary so don't take yourself for granted. You come from a very strong & powerful family. One thing I want you to know is that YES SUPERNATURALS EXIST! Don't freak out but you're one of them. You're a Witch. Your Dad & I , we're both witches but from different covens. You've inherited your powers from me but you're not my first born & that's what makes you special & stronger in the history of witches. I come from a coven where only the first born gets to inherit the gift from their parents that's why our kind is rare. Sweetie , I really regret not telling you this in person. I know it's alot of information for you. Your Dad & I , we've been protecting you from all of this & we didn't want this life for you but your magic defines you. And DO NOT DEFY NATURE , EVER! I'm sure you have alot of questions right now. Honey , the room that's on the left to ours , just go to that room & you'll find the answers to your questions. The key to that room lies within you. You're the key! You just have to find out your inner powers.
I just want you know that I love you & Alex , unconditionally & I'm so proud of both of you. Tell Alex that I love him. I'm sorry about everything , El. I just waited for the right time to tell you all of this but nature had something else planned for us.
Stay happy , El & take care of yourself & Alex.
Love , Mom ❤❤

I didn't notice the tears falling on the letter. I wanted to read it again. It was like Mom talking to me. Folding the letter , I placed it on the table & cried my heart out.

How am I supposed to face all of this? Without Mom & Dad! I've been close to Mom since I was a kid & Dad was my supporter. I wish they were here

With thousands of questions in head, I curled up into a ball. My head started to kill me.

After few minutes of crying , I was soon in the arms of Morpheus.

----------------------

PASSWORD - BLACK

A/N

Short chapter but I wanted it to be short & emotional. I hope it was emotional enough.
Xoxo
- Kainat