Chapter 22 : "The Prophecy"

Sebastian's POV

"Sebastian" I recognized the voice as soon as I heard it. It's her. Jennie. My muscles tensed under Eloise's gaze.

The way Jennie called my name, it held love and sincerity.

"You there?" Her voice still the same. I stood up and turned to look at her. By the looks of her, no one could tell that she has been frozen for 5 years! She looked the same, as if she stopped growing after getting frozen. But how is she here? Is it because Eloise broke the curse?

I was happy to see her, alive and breathing but at the same time I felt a need to explain myself to Eloise. I could see the questions in her eyes. The hurt in her eyes.

"Jennie" Her brunette hair not even an inch longer, they were still of the same length. I smiled at her.

"How long has it been?" She asked, staring at me, with a sad smile on her face.

"It's been 5 years" I breathed out.

Soon her eyes landed on Eloise who had her eyes closed now. I guess she has fallen asleep. She looked tired when I was talking to her. I wanted to confess my feelings and even gave her clues but she's just so dumb that instead of getting the hints, she blushed. I wanted to laugh at her cuteness.

She's the type who's bold and confident about her feelings all the time, the exact quality that made me fall for her even deeply. But guess she's just like a normal girl when it comes to things like this. But she's definitely not like normal girls, she's different and special in every aspect.

I love the way she responds to me and how she's impulsive. With this air of confidence and the personality she has, calling her 'not my type' would be unfair, to my feelings. I really like it how she acts before thinking. She's rational and that's something I really admire about her.

"Who's that?" Jennie's question pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said a little confused as to what did she say but then I grasped it.

"Oh. She's- uh- she's Eloise. My cousin" I said while scratching my forehead.

"Jacinda's daughter?" Her eyes widened in realization, her voice got a little louder. I placed my finger on my lips to shush her as Eloise was sleeping now and asked her to take this outside.

Taking a final glance at Eloise, I went outside with Jennie and closed the door, careful not to produce any sound.

"So?" She said expectedly.

"Oh yeah. She's Jacinda's daughter" I replied finally remembering what she asked me earlier.

"The second born, No?" She said, unbelievingly.

"Hmm" I hummed and soon both of us fell into an awkward silence.

"By the way how am I here? I mean I was in the studio room and all of a sudden I started breathing as if I was holding it and I was drenched, probably by the water state of the ice" She explained what really happened and I told her It's because Eloise broke the curse. Everything's falling back to it's place, related to my curse.

"You're here because Eloise broke the curse" I informed her with a small smile on my face.

"Oh My" She squealed in happiness. Again, silence : a long and awkward one.

"It feels like I haven't seen you for ages" She said while shaking her head.

I was caught off guard when all of a sudden she jumped on me, wrapping her arms around me. I was confused as what to do. If I were the same old Sebastian who was dating Jennie, then I would've hugged her back. Back then I didn't have feelings for Eloise. I mean I'd seen her in my dreams and I liked her, it was more of an infatuation for me but when I met her I fell in love. It was love at first sight.