Chapter 18 : "Dark Blood"

Sebastian's POV

Eloise!

The only name on my mind since the day she has arrived to White. It's like I can't stop thinking about her. Even if I want to, I can't. First, I tried to push her away but my heart, it won't allow me to do so because I'm in love with her. I fell for her the moment I saw her in Paris, for the first time and I wished, I really wished that she was mine.

Last time I saw her, I know I went too far and tried to kiss her but I couldn't help. Her pink soft lips makes me want to kiss her and feel her lips against mine. I have never felt that way towards any girl, not even her.

By her I mean, Jennie Adamaris. The girl I ruined because of my selfishness. The leader of the Sirens. But glad the sirens didn't turned their backs on me. Well, to put it more logically everyone thinks that ruining Jennie wasn't my fault but I know that it really was my fault.

Jennie was the one who confessed her feelings to me and I didn't know how to turn her down, I just accepted her into my life. I never opened up to her though but I tried my best to be a good boyfriend but then everything changed.

Sighing, I placed the paint brush on the side table, that was in my hand for like an hour and I couldn't make a proper use of it, I turned to look at her frozen statue. Everytime I look at her, I'm reminded of those terrible memories, the memories when Ruby casted the curse on me.

It was Ruby who cursed me just because she liked me. When she confessed I turned her down because at that moment I was in a relationship with Jennie and I didn't want to cheat on her. So as a return Ruby cursed me.

Flashbacks

"You turned me down. Now live your life in complete loneliness. You won't ever be loved because whenever they'll try to touch you, they'll freeze" Ruby laughed evilly.

"I made your own power turn against your loved ones" She smiled like a devil.

"You are cursed and will be unless someone stronger than me breaks it. And that my dear is never gonna happen. No one can ever be stronger than me" She smirked and vanished.

Whenever I think about it, the whole scene gets played in front of me, over and over again. It's like the memory is still fresh in my mind. That's the very reason I can't risk touching Eloise but she won't understand, now would she? Because she don't even understand what I told her when I pulled away before I could kiss or touch her.

Everytime I refuse to touch her, I can see the hurt in her eyes but I can't help it. If I have to stay away from her to keep her safe then I will stay away from her even if I have to for the rest of my life, even if it kills me from inside.

Walking up towards the frozen statue of Jennie, I caressed her frozen cheek.

"I'm sorry" I whispered my apologies for the hundredth time in those five years. It's been five years since everything has been going wrong for me and my kingdom. First the death of Aunt Carolina, then the disturbance of the balance zone and then the curse.