Chapter 6 : "Magical Library"

It's been a week since I've been trying to figure out this stupid door-without-a-lock! I've tried almost every technique to open it. I thought maybe there will a secret button or something but nothing founded! Sometimes I doubt myself 'What if I'm crazy & there's no door at all?' 'What if it's a wall & I think it's a door?' My mind has been flooded with thousands of questions. I don't understand a single thing what mom told me in the letter. Nothing is making sense at the moment.

Me being a witch is something impossible. & what mom said about me not being her first born shocked me the most. If I'm not her first born then who is or was? I was trying to push the door with all my might . In a blink of an eye I said something I couldn't understand myself "Phasmatos Siprum, Emnis Abortum, Fasila Quisa Exilum San" & the door opened on it's own.

I was filled with bewilderment. I mean what just happened? What did I say? & How the hell this door opened? The same thing happened when Alex got his ankle twisted but at that time I couldn't decipher what I said. It was different this time. I could remember what I just said but couldn't understand what. I pushed open the door.

Going inside , I was astonished by the beauty of this so called secret room of our house. This room probably contained more than Millions of books. It was beautiful.

I was in an 'awe' of this room. It was scary & beautiful , both at the same time.

Every single book screamed the word "Magical" & everytime I looked at any one of them , I felt a magnetic pull towards it as if the book was alive and wanted me to pick it up.

But one caught my attention & the pull towards it was the strongest. This book literally held me spellbound.

Picking it up , I opened it instantly. It looked like a journal.
The first page said
"My personal journal - Jacinda Fernandez "

What? My mom's journal? What was this journal doing here?

How come I've never noticed this room before? Was it invisible or what? Even the maids knew about it but I didn't.

Pushing my thoughts aside , I turned the page over which said
"1964
Isabelle came into my life & I am enraptured by her arrival. Finally , I have a younger sister with whom I'll play with."

Looks like mom was 8 . By looking at her hand writing , I can tell that she wasn't old enough but still kept a journal. Sweet

"1970
Isabelle is 6 now , but I can't teach her magic yet. She's too small for it. But as soon as our mother gets cured , we'll teach Isabelle the basics together."

So..... Mom was right. Magic exists. But this doesn't make sense. I bit my bottom lip & continued.

"1980
I'm finally 24 , ready to get married. As a matter of fact , I am. Tomorrow's going to be the biggest day of my life. I'll be marrying the love of my life , Verlac Richard. He's also a witch but from a different coven"

"1981
Isabelle is chosen by our ancestors as the leader of The French Quarter because of her purity & her powers. She's magical. I couldn't beat her in that. She's kind-hearted, responsive, loving, caring & above all sacrificing. Mother wanted me to be the leader as I am the oldest but Isabelle is stronger than I am that's why our ancestors chose her & I'm happy for her."

"1982
Ver & I , we're blessed with a beautiful boy. And he's so magical , even at this age. We shifted to human world because we wanted to protect him. His name is Jonathan Richard. He's got the heart of a warrior & she's after him. She wants him to complete her spell , so that she'll be strong enough to rule the world. Because of her , my sister Isabelle was kidnapped by the King of Kingdom White , Luis Wolf. He wanted her to rule by his side as she was selected as the leader of The French Quarter but she rejected him , so he took her & raped her then left her all alone"

"1993
Isabelle is blessed with a boy & he's beautiful."

"1999
Jonathan was taken away from me. She took him & killed him but his heart wasn't the heart of a warrior. She killed him for nothing & we can't do anything because I have a daughter now & I have to protect her. We couldn't protect Jonathan but we have to protect Eloise & whether she's a witch or not we'll have to find it out when she'll turn 18. Jonathan was my first born that's why he had magic. I belong to the French Quarter , Witches of New Orleans & only our first borns are witches which is exactly why we're rare. Our kind is something of rarity."

Wow ! Mom had a sister & I had a brother. So...I belong to French Quarter, if I have magic.

As I was about to continue ready my Mom's journal,
"Eloise , what are you doing here?" Out of the blue , aunt Chelsea asked surprised

"I'm reading this journal. It was in this library" I replied looking at my surrounding

"What library? & what journal? You're in an abandoned room right now"

"What? It doesn't look abandoned to me" I said putting the journal in it's place

"El, are you out of your mind? What are you doing in webs & spiders? & what's with these movements of your hands in air?" Aunt Chelsea asked tired & completely annoyed

"Aunt, can't you see this magical library?" I asked shock evident in my tone "And why is this room locked? & How come I never noticed it before?"

"You need to sleep, El" She said , seriousness in her tone. She's definitely hiding something. I can tell by the way she's avoiding eye contact with me.

I went straight towards her & placed my hands on her shoulders so that she'll look me in the eye.

"What is it?" I asked

She furrowed her brows "What?"

"Come on Aunt , You know I'm not dim-witted. I can tell you're hiding something. You're fidgeting with your fingers" Whenever she does that, it means she's hiding something.

"Okay fine. You got me" She said Holding both of her hands in defense, she took a step backward.

I crossed my hands over my chest & motioning for her to continue.

"This room belonged to your brother, your mother's first born. He was beautiful. His name was Jonathan." She said by looking at me with her sad eyes. "But after he died your parents locked this room. & since then no one has entered this room"

"So what Mom wrote in her journal was true" I said in realization

"What journal are you talking about El?" She said finally anger in her tone "You asked me a question & I gave you the answer! Now go to your room!"

"You really can't see the books here?" I asked in bewilderment & pointed towards the books. She shook her head.

"And what about this artifact?" I asked her pointing towards the Balance Orbit artifact on the door of this room.

"No. Eloise , there's no artifact here. It's getting late. GO.TO.YOUR.ROOM" She spat out her words before leaving.

She left me with thousands of questions running through my mind.

Why can't she see what I see? I can clearly see the books, the artifact on the door. & for her? This place is nothing but an abandoned room which once belonged to Jonathan, my brother!

Things are getting weird & it's scaring the shit out of me.

---------------------------

A/N

It wasn't that long but...
Hope you'll like it.
Xoxo
- Kainat