Chapter 15 : "Journal"

It's been hours since we arrived on Earth. Sebastian & I, we've been rummaging through my room & no trace of my mother's journal. The fuck!! I remember exactly where I kept the journal hidden : in a box in my closet. And now? The box is there but empty.

Finally, when I couldn't find the journal, I made my way towards my king sized bed & stared at my room which was a complete mess by now. I ran my fingers through my hair & sighed in frustration. Where the fuck could it go? No one enters my room without my permission.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard Sebastian's groan. Snapping my head in his direction, there he was lying on the floor with all of my clothes stocked on him that fell on him after he opened the closet. I should've warned him when I rummaged through my closet because I literally pushed everything in the closet & closed the door by force. Anyone who'd open the closet will meet the same fate as him.

Taking in the sight, I pursed my lips to stop myself from laughing but I couldn't stop myself from laughing so I did the most unexpected in a situation like this. I burst into fits of laughter as a result of which I received a glare from him. Well, I wasn't the one to blame. How was I supposed to organize everything in a situation like this?

"Why are you laughing?" He ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He sighed & closed his eyes, resting his head on the floor.

"Will you help me get up?" He glared at me while motioning towards the clothes.

"Yeah, uhh, sure" I said clearing my throat & wiping the fake tears from the corner of my eyes.

Removing all the clothes from him& placing them on my bed, I extended my hand towards him to help him get up. He just stared at my extended hand for a minute & looked me in the eyes. Ignoring my extended hand, he just stood up on his own making me regret my decision of helping him stand up. Of course, he could stand up on his own.

"So, do you even have the journal?" He looked at me as if I had lied to him.

"Of course. I have it. I mean I had it. Last time I was here, I placed the journal in a box, right under my clothes in the closet" I sighed, looking at the now-messed-up room.

"Where could it go?" Sebastian placed a finger under his chin as if in a deep thought.

That's when I literally gawked at him. He looked so gorgeous today. I hadn't even noticed how worn out he looked from all the sudden things that happened in just a day. Well not a day according to Earth's timings but according to Kingdom White's. He still looked gorgeous in that denim jacket that hugged his masculine figure & those blue ripped jeans. He really knows how to dress up.

"You done staring?" He finally spoke with a smirk on his beautiful face. That's when I realized that I've staring for too long.

"I wasn't staring" I denied & hugged myself, looking him straight in the eye.

"Yeah, sure. You weren't" He scoffed.

"Seriously, I wasn't. I was lost in my thoughts. I just zoned out for a moment" I said, waving my hand in the air & making my way towards the closet so that I'll dump the clothes in it again.

"Yeah. Sure" He chuckled, not really buying my excuse. And damn his deep chuckle! Hey! I haven't seen him smiling or chuckling.

Then a thought occured to me, what if Aunt Chelsea took it while cleaning up my room?

"Listen, don't come out. I'll go & ask Aunt Chelsea about it" I said & left, not waiting for his reply.

I made my way towards the main hall of our mansion. Thankfully, Aunt Chelsea was sitting there on the couch, watching her favorite TV show as always. I rolled my eyes, thinking that she probably got used to my sudden disappearances. I can't say the same about Alex though. Looking around, I spotted Alex from the window on the right side of our lounge, playing football outside in the lawn.