Chapter 21 : "Comforted"

"Start an I.V" I heard Dr. Park's voice.

Was I still alive? I thought I'd be dead by now. I used all of my energy back there. The mere spell that I casted on Sebastian, literally drained all of energy yet I went all superwoman and killed Luis. But the real questions are : Did Luis die? Did the spell work?

I shot open my eyes to see whether I really was alive. Looking at my surroundings, I could tell that I was in the palace's infirmary.

"You're awake" Dr. Park smiled.

"She's awake" He looked over at the person whoever was standing behind the curtain.

"Hey" The person emerged from behind the curtains and greeted with awkwardness in his voice. As soon as I saw him, I bombarded him with questions.

"Is Luis dead? Did the spell work? The light, it was the spell! I lifted the curse!" I said hurriedly and tried to get up.

"Hey. Hey! Calm your horses" He said getting a little closer but still not touching me. Did it not work?

"To answer your first question : Yes, He's dead" He said with a sad smiled plastered on his face. Sighing, I let my head rest on the pillow and closed my eyes.

"And the spell?" I asked him, worriedly.

"I don't understand" Sebastian said, baffled.

"Seth, when you were busy talking to Luis, I lifted the curse off of you. The light, that was the spell!" I explained. Still confused.

"The torn page, I have it" I said while placing my hands in my pocket and taking the piece of paper out, showing it to him.

He took the paper from my hand, and his finger slightly brushed against mine. For the first time ever, I felt his touch! His touch sent shivers down my spine and I shuddered. Above all, I blushed and that in front of him. I bit my lip hard! He noticed it too, I mean the touch. It didn't do anything to me.

"It worked" He said in realization, looking at the paper and then at me. He was happy. Fuck happiness, he was contented. I've never seen him like this before. Looking at him being this happy, satisfied me.

"It worked!" He exclaimed, ecstatically. His aqueous blue eyes, shining with tears. I smiled at him.

"Awww. Sebastian's crying!" I joked and he chuckled. My eyes widened with a smile on my face. He was being the carefree Sebastian that I've always wanted to see.

"What are you? stupid?" After a few minutes of silence, he said and to my surprise he said something weird. This wasn't the moment to call me stupid!

"Huh?" I turned my head to look at him with a scowl on my face. He was sitting on a stool near my bed.

"No, rheotorical questions are rude.
You are stupid" He mumbled the first line but I heard it and said the second line with a smile as if what he said is meant to be a compliment.

"You're dumb" I was offended. Dude! I scoffed.

"I'm smart" I sighed exasperatedly, glaring at him with all the resentment I could muster. But failed since I grinned at him.

Rather than faltering, however, he simply chuckled at this, my frustration growing even more by his action. All of a sudden, he extended his hand to touch me but stopped midway. What I noticed was his hesitance to touch me. He looked at me and I nodded at him to do it. He placed his hand on my shoulder, my cheeks against my own will, blushed under his touch.

"Why were you going to sacrifice yourself?" As soon as those words left my mouth his smile slowly faltered.

"I think you should rest now" He said that and got up from the chair he was sitting on but before he could leave, I held his hand and looked at him.