Chapter 16 : "Cursed"

~ I sincerely apologize for updating late. But here you go! Hold your breath cuz this chapter's going to be quite long!

x-----------------------------x

I decided to go back to Earth without telling anyone about Ruby, not even Isabelle. As soon as I heard the name Ruby Jones, I went back to the room that I was staying at to calm myself & decided to go back to Earth and find out more about Ruby, myself.

I wasn't sure if it really was the same person since she looked so young, just about my age but mom had mentioned her everywhere in the journal from which she sounded like the person who must be of the same age as my mom & Isabelle or maybe older than I think?

Looking towards Miranda who was creating the portal, I walked my way towards her. She looked at me & gave me a warm smile, motioning towards the portal.

"Thank you so much, Miranda. If anyone asks about me just tell them the truth & tell them I had something come up so I had to leave" I placed my hand on her shoulder & thanked her.

Entering the portal, I soon landed on Earth right inside my room. Without wasting a second, I made my way outside & looked for Alex or Aunt Chelsea. But I couldn't find any of them so I just looked for Silvia & thankfully I could find her. Well to mention, Silvia is one of our most trusted maid. She has been working here since I was born. To put it more precisely, she's my nanny.

"Do you know where Ruby is?" I asked Silvia.

"No. I don't know. Is there any problem?" She responded.

"Not at all. I just wanted to talk to her.
You know since she's new. It's kind of like I-don't-trust-her sort of a situation with me so wanted to know a little about her" I laughed half heartedly.

"Well miss, we haven't seen her for a few days around here. I made a guess that she's probably on leave" Silvia told me before she excused herself.

After hearing that, I went to Aunt Chelsea's room. Luckily she was there. She let me in after I knocked & was sitting across her study table, jotting something on the piece of paper in front of her.

"Umm. Hi" I greeted awkwardly since it was awkward as I was gone. AGAIN.

"Hi" Turning around, she eyed me suspiciously through her spectacles.

"Uh" I cleared my throat.

"Have you seen Ruby?"

"Ruby Jones?" I nodded.

"Yeah. She's on leave for a few days. Her sister's sick" Aunt informed me & turned back to her work.

She must've found out that I know about her. But that's not possible. Or maybe she's plotting something evil, again?

I decided not to go back to Kingdom White since I didn't know how to create a portal so here I was lying on my bed wondering about Sebastian. But why was I thinking about him?

Well I guess I've started to like him! But why would I like someone like him? Because he's my type, maybe? What the hell am I talking. I started laughing like an idiot at my thoughts.

Then all of a sudden I started thinking about Madison & my smile vanished. I wasn't expecting her to be a witch and above all, leave me all alone to be killed by those men! I was upset about not helping her for nothing.

At first, I was upset that she ditched me but now, I was angry. Why would she do that? Leave me all alone, on my own! If I ever met her in future, I'll definitely demand an explanation from her.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't noticed the clicking sound of my door knob. But when I did, I turned my head towards the door, it was Aunt Chelsea.

Sitting up straight on the bed, I smiled at her. I folded my legs so that she'll sit on the bed in front of me.