Chapter 20 : "Not A Perfect Plan"

"Focus El, You're here to practice. Remember, anticipate the opponents reflexes. When you feel overconfident, don't forget that your enemy has strengths too" Isabelle said from behind. I was trying my best not to lose this fight.

I was here with Jason to learn some basic defenses. He's too strong but still I was trying my best. Isabelle asked me to learn some basics since I'll probably need that in future. She said after this, she'll teach me some basic defensive and offensive spells.

"Come on" As soon as those words left Jason's mouth, he swung a punch at my face which I stopped with my palm, using all of the energy I had in me. But he was just way too strong. Of course, he's a werewolf.

"I'm not doing this" I dropped to the floor and sat with my legs crossed.

"You're just too strong" He chuckled.

"Fine. We'll continue tomorrow" I nodded.

After that Isabelle taught me some spells. The basic ones.

"Repeat after me" Isabelle ordered.

"Vinculum" I repeated after her and with a flick of my fingers, I casted the spell on the green colored fairy. I was amazed by the effect of the spell.

The small green colored fairy that was flying in the air was now trapped inside a box and the box fell to the ground. I thought the fairy must've gotten hurt.

"Now again, repeat after me" Isabelle again ordered me.

"Contrarium" I again repeated after her and casted the spell on the box, releasing the fairy from the box. Glad that it wasn't hurt.

"Good" Isabelle praised me. It was I who trapped and released the fairy.

"Thankyou"

After an hour, I was finally able to learn some basic spells. The spell of imprisonment, sleep spell, a spell to make a person immobile, releasing spell, vanishing spell, heartbeat control spell, pain reduction spell, a spell to create a torch, resistance to frost spell, invisibility spell and doorway sealing spell. She asked me to practice it on my own and to practice some other spells from the book she gave me, the one that's her favorite.

"Here, take this" She held out her hand to me on which an encased dagger appeared.

"What's this for?"

"It's for your protection. It's a cursed dagger. Use it when you really need it. Keep it with you all the time" She said with a reassuring smile on her face.

I took it from her hand and placed it in my pocket. Turning, I was about to leave when Isabelle stopped me.

"Oh, and take this as well"

It was my mom's journal. She extended the hand that was holding the journal, towards me.

"Keep it. You should be the one to keep it"