Chapter 27 : "The Light Within"

I was clutching onto my heart as it was hurting a lot. I guess it was Sebastian's effect on me. When he said those words, I was reminded of Mom's words and that was enough to make the Eloise I really am. The good thing is that I wasn't completely dark because if I were, it would've been difficult to bring me back.

"Enough of this drivel!" I snapped my head towards Luis who just spoke and I knew I was back to my old self. I could feel the emotions but when my eyes landed on Ruby, my expressions hardened. This is the only way I can do this! Finally getting a hold of myself, I managed to speak in an emotionless manner.

"Was that drastic enough for you?" I chuckled and swatted his hands away. I really hope he'll get it that I'm just playing along.

"Give it up, Sebastian Wolf. She's not coming back!"

"So he loves Eloise, now?" Ruby asked, gaining the attention.

"Yeah, well he kind of likes the girl!" Luis spoke from behind sarcastically.

"Oh my. So you chose everyone but not me. You really did deserve that curse. I wish she never would've lifted that off of you!"

"Shut up, Ruby!" I said, warningly.

"This isn't the time for you to discuss your love life!" I said calmly. Although I was burning inside. I want to rip her heart out.

"Okay, that settles it" I announced while I walked slowly and casually towards Jennie and Mia. Jennie was now conscious, gladly and I crouched down.

"Awww. Poor Jennie" I made a pout and winked at her. Since I had my back towards the others, I smiled at Mia and my expressions softened. Her eyes widened and I nodded slightly, not evident enough for someone else to notice. And she understood. She took out the dagger from under her skirt and handed it to me, secretively.

"Be careful, Eloise" Mia whispered lowly before giving it to me.

I nodded. I examined it carefully, this time. They must've stole it from Luis. Anyways, I stood up and hid the dagger with a cloaking spell.

"So only Ruby and I, we're going to drink the potion that I'll make. And you" I pointed towards Luis and continued "will stay young forever and will take over the kingdom since Sebastian is gonna die anyway" I said and the part where I mentioned Sebastian's death pierced my heart but I had to play along.

"Deal?" I asked them while walking up to Luis, casually.

"Have you nothing to say? Or does your silence mean that you've already made a decision?" I placed my hand on Luis's shoulder and moved closer towards him with a smirk on my face. Ew, I hated what I was doing but God I have to. Please forgive me, Sebastian.

"But you'll have to let the wolves and witches go" I said putting my terms in front of them.

"I'll set them free. No strings attached" Ruby grinned.

"But you'll have to give us the spell your mother created" I smiled when she said that.

"Over my dead body" I said before I plunged the dagger straight into Luis's chest and this time it worked as Luis started coughing blood, retching.

"I'll be damned. Eloise Richard screwed me" He let out before he collapsed to the ground.

"Corporis Impetus" Before Ruby could move, I froze her in her spot. Luis's body disintegrated. Yes, it worked.

And before doing anything else, I went over to Sebastian and hugged him.

"How are you always in the right place at right time?" I scrunched my brows at him. He chuckled in response. I was serious. He's always there when I need help.