Chapter 24 : "Love"

I couldn't believe the death of another person close to me and the funny part is that the reason of her death is me, as well. Why else would Ruby kill her in the first place if she wasn't related to me? I wish if I had just surrendered then all of this wouldn't have happened.

Sighing, I threw the pebble with full force into the lake in front of which I was sitting. Her funeral reminded me of my parents' funeral. It was painful because the only people I had left with me were Aunt Chelsea, Alex and my grandmother! And now, one of them has been taken away from me.

Why is God doing this to me? Why are things only getting complicated for me? I looked at the lake and it was as flat as any mirror. It lay without a ripple in the silver-blue water as if time itself had been frozen. I wish I could just go back in time where everyone was alive and freeze the time just like that.

Sighing again, I picked another pebble from my side and threw it into the lake to create ripples. I closed my eyes and fought hard to supress the cries, and the sobs, that were trying so hard to escape but I couldn't be vulnerable, not now, not when I have a fight to win!

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I stood up and walked on the wooden path to get closer to the lake. I sat there with my feets dangling. Whenever I feel sad, I always come here. This place was calming. It'll make you get lost in the rhythmic percussion of waves.

I was deep in my own little world when I felt a presence behind me and then a hand on my shoulder. My heart started racing and adrenaline pumped through my body. I shot my eyes open, not daring to look behind.

"I've been looking for you everywhere" I sighed a breath of relief. It was grandmother.

"Grandmother" I turned and looked at her with my lips slowly pulling upward.

"Sebastian has been looking for you, as well" I knew he was and that's why I was here. Away from everyone. Because after I saw my Aunt's lifeless body, I was paralyzed and right after the funeral I left and came here all by myself. The lake wasn't that far from the mansion.

"Chelsea was such a kind soul" My grandmother breathed out. Everyone loved Aunt Chelsea. She was the type to be cold towards everyone but once you get to know her, you were bound to love her.

"I know" I whispered lowly, tears brimming in my eyes.

I placed my hand on hers that was still on my shoulder and smiled at her.

"I'll be back by 7. I just want to be alone" I said with my voice cracking a bit and gave her a pleading look so that she'll leave. She nodded and bent down to kiss me on the forhead. After that she left.

After a few minutes I felt as if someone's watching me. Without standing up, I looked to the right and left but no one was there. Then I looked behind me and found the source. It was Sebastian. I turned my back towards him and stared back at the lake.

After which felt like eternity, he came and stood beside me.

"You okay?" He asked with a worried tone. I nodded.

"It's all my fault" I whispered and let the tears roll off of my cheeks.

"It's all happening because of me"

"If I had just given Ruby what she wanted, this wouldn't have happened. She wouldn't have killed Aunt Chelsea" I shook my head repeatedly.

"It's not your fault, Eloise" The way my name rolled off of his tongue kind of calmed me. Well, now he has that kind of effect on me.

"It is" It really was my fault. If I had just given Luis whatever he wanted, none of this would be happening. The only good thing is that Luis is dead.