Chapter 25 : "Bottomless Pit Of Darkness"

"How could that be possible?" Mia blurted without any emotions.

"I don't know. I, uh I saw him in my dream. I don't know how did he survive when I plunged the dagger at the exact spot where I was supposed to" I exchanged a look between Mia and Sebastian.

"I know how he did it" Seth spoke.

"How?" Mia and I, we both looked at him for an explanation.

"He must've exchanged the dagger when he nearly killed you and you dropped it" Then realization hit me. I did drop it when he was strangling me.

"But how could he do it so fast?" I was confused, I mean how did he even do it?

"He's way too cunning than we can even imagine. He must've known about it. Ruby must've warned him or something"

"Now what are we gonna do?" Mia asked.

"Because Madison and Jason, they're both the puppets of Ruby now. How are we gonna free them?" I said while sliding out from under the covers and rubbing my temples. And this the reason why Jason was nowhere to be seen and Madison was behaving like a robot as if someone fed her with those words.

"This is insane!!" I exclaimed. This is why I had the energy to break the curse because otherwise I never would've been able to do both at the same time. I would've been dead by now.

"We have to do something" I looked at both of them.

"But what exactly?" Mia mumbled.

And she was right. We have no idea where to find them or how to stop them.

----------------------------

Sitting on the floor, I cut my palm with a knife and let the blood droplets fall on the map in front of me. I had asked Mia to get me any belonging of Luis. She did ask me that why I needed it but I did not tell her. Right now, I had his shirt with me and was trying to cast a locator spell. Because wherever Luis is, Ruby will be there too.

I kept repeating the words until I heard someone's footsteps getting closer. I picked everything up and hid them under my bed.

"Oh, Mia. Hi" I stoop up, and waved at her awkwardly. She looked at me suspiciously and then moved closer.

"Well, Hi" She looked me from top to bottom.

"You weren't doing something suspicious, were you?" She said with her brow raised at me. I laughed awkwardly and cleared my throat.

"No, I wasn't" She was right. I was doing the dark locator spell.

"Eloise, Mother will melt you if you're dabbling into black magic" Mia said while folding her arms over her chest.

"I'm not dabbling. I'm doing what needs to be done" I said while looking away.

"Yeah, well that means you're using black magic. My instincts were right. You're using a dark locator spell, No?" She said while letting her hand fall on her either side.

"Look Eloise, this isn't your fight" I rolled my eyes and scoffed. I moved closer to her.

"It's absolutely my fight, Mia! Mom and Dad died because of me. Luis is alive because of me. Chelsea is dead because of me. And you can tell me that I'm sublimating a lifetime of survivor's remorse, or whatever it is about me---" I sighed frustratedly and head towards the door without saying a word anymore.

I didn't want to listen to her lecture. It's all because of me! What if they come after Alex and all the other people I love? They've already killed my parents and Aunt Chelsea. Isn't it better that I just give them whatever they want?