The Story of Sir Boast-A-Lot

Alex and Sherlock sat in silence. Sherlock was allowing Alex to rest her head on his shoulder. Sherlock was stroking her hair without realizing he was. There was suddenly a static noise and Alex and Sherlock looked up. It was the T.V. in the cab. The shopping channel was on.

"I hate this channel." Alex said in a deep, American voice Sherlock gave her a confused look. "Spongebob reference."

"Can you turn it off, please?" Sherlock asked. The cabbie ignored him. "Can you turn this off?"

The T.V. made the static noise. Moriarty's face appeared for a fraction of a second and then was gone. Alex's head snapped up. There was more bad connection with Moriarty's face flickerin until it was only him. Alex felt a shudder pass through her.

"Hello. Are you ready for the story?" Moriarty asked. (I AM SO SCARED RIGHT NOW) "This is the story of Sir Boast-A-Lot. Sir Boast-A-Lot was the bravest and cleverest knight of the Round Table, but soon the other knights began to grow tired of his stories of how brave he was and how many dragons he'd slain. And soon they began to wonder, 'Are Sir Boast-A-Lot's stories even true?' Oh, no."

"WHAT AM I WATCHING?" Alex screamed. "TURN IT OFF, TURN IF THE FRICK OFF!"

"Alex, be quiet, listen to music or something." Sherlock said. He was getting somewhat scared too.

"I can't, I left my earbuds at the flat!" Alex said.

"So, one of the knights went to King Arthur and said, 'I don't believe Sir Boast-A-Lot's stories. He's just a big old liar who makes things up to make himself look good." Moriarty continued. "And then even the king began to wonder. But that wasn't the end of Sir Boast-A-Lot's problem, oh no. That wasn't the final problem."

Sherlock bared his teeth at the T.V. and sneered. Alex held Sherlock's hand tightly. She understood perfectly who Sir Boast-A-Lot was "based off of."

"The end." Moriarty said.

"We have to get out of here." Alex whispered. Sherlock nodded.

"Stop the cab!" He said. The cabbie ignored him once again. "STOP THE CAB! WHAT WAS THAT?!"

The cab stopped. Sherlock and Alex got out and ran to the driver's window. Sherlock pushed Alex behind him protectively. 

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Alex yelled. 

The cabbie turned his head. Alex and Sherlock's eyes widened. The cabbie was Moriarty. 

"No charge." He said.

Moriarty began to drive away. Sherlock desperately gripped the open window, but failed. He and Alex chased after the cab. Moriarty got away first though. Sherlock stood on the road, panting. Alex was on the sidewalk. She screamed as a car sped towards Sherlock, about to hit him.

"SHERLOCK, LOOK OUT!" She yelled.

"Look out!" Another man said, grabbing Sherlock and dragging him to the sidewalk. Sherlock tried to fight, getting surprised. 

"Sherlock!" Alex said, running up to him and kissing him on the cheek. "Thank you for saving him!"

"Thank you." Sherlock nodded to the man.

He shook his hand. There were suddenly three gunshots that hit the man, but not Sherlock or Alex. They both screamed. The man slumped to the ground, dead. Alex spun around.

"WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TODAY?!" She screamed to no one in particular. A cab stopped and John ran out of it.

"Sherlock, Alex!" He said. John ran up to them and Alex embraced her brother.