Two Memories

Later that night, John took Alex and Sherlock to his place. He felt that they would be safer there. Sherlock still couldn't remember a thing. He couldn't even remember John. He looked at the ring on his finger. 

Wedding ring. He thought. He looked at Alex's hand. She had a ring too. Her wedding ring. Definitely my wife.

"Um, ma'am-" Sherlock started.

"Alex, call me Alex." Alex said.

"Right. Alex, I don't doubt you're my wife. I just can't remember you." Sherlock said. "I'm sorry."

"It isn't your fault." Alex sighed. 

"So...this is my daughter?" Sherlock asked, looking at the baby Alex was holding. She was asleep. 

"Yeah. Her name is Vanessa Mary Holmes." Alex smiled.

"So, who did that to me?" Sherlock tilted his head.

"One of Moriarty's assassins." Alex said.

"Who's Moriarty?" Sherlock asked.

"You don't remember anything?" Alex said. 

"Nothing. Except my name and some other stuff." Sherlock said.

"Give me all the names of people you remember." Alex said.

"My mom, my dad, Mycroft, Lestrade, Sally, Anderson...Redbeard...Molly...um...that's it." Sherlock said. "Sorry."

"It seriously isn't your fault." Alex said. "I'm so tired..."

"Well, you did just give birth." John said. "When you get home, I'll take care of the baby while you go to sleep."

"John, you can just take me back to Baker Street." Alex said.

"Baker Street..." Sherlock repeated. "That sounds familiar."

"It does?" Alex asked hopefully.

"Yeah...Something to do with the letter 'b' and the number two." Sherlock said.

"Try to remember! Just try!" Alex said.

"Okay..." Sherlock said. He put his hands on the sides of his head. "2...1, wait no! 221B Baker Street!"

"Yes! That's where we live!" Alex nodded. She almost started crying tears of joy. "What's coming back?"

"Just the flat..some chairs...a skull...the landlady...Mrs. Houson?" Sherlock said.

"Mrs. Hudson." Alex corrected.

"Hudson, right." Sherlock nodded.

When they got to John's house, John walked them in. It was early in the morning. Mary was awake and feeding Lexi. Alex smiled tiredly at Mary. John explained everything to her.

"Oh my gosh." Mary said, when John was finished explaining. "Sherlock, do you not remember me either?" 

"No." Sherlock shook his head. "Sorry." 

"Alex, lay down and get some rest." John said. "I'll take care of your daughter for now."

"What's her name?" Mary asked as Alex laid down on the couch.

"Vanessa Mary Holmes." Alex said, yawning. "Sherlo-never mind."

"What is it?" Sherlock asked.

"Nothing."  Alex said.

"No, seriously, what is it?" Sherlock asked.

"I was going to ask you to come here and hold me, but you don't remember me." Alex said. Sherlock sighed.