Guess Who

When Sherlock woke up the next morning, he looked at Alex to make sure she was still there. She was and she was awake. She smiled at her husband tiredly.

"Morning." She said.

"Good morning." Sherlock said. "You want me to stay awake while you get some sleep?"

"That would be great." Alex said. "Thanks, Sherlock." 

"Don't mention it." Sherlock said.

Alex rested her head on Sherlock's chest and fell asleep. When she woke up, it was because Sherlock was shaking her. He gave her an apologetic look.

"Sorry. We have to go down for breakfast now." He said.

"It's okay. That was all I needed." Alex said, stretching.

Sherlock and her walked out into the hall. He rolled his eyes. Everyone was still looking at him like he was the leader. Alex gave him a pleading look. She wanted him to keep at this. Sherlock sighed. He couldn't bear to argue with Alex, and not at a time like this. 

"Let's go to breakfast." He said.

Everyone followed him down. Sherlock's throat was feeling much better. He was able to eat his breakfast. Alex ate her breakfast and made sure Sherlock was feeling okay. After everyone had finished their breakfast, the butler appeared. The hair on the back of Alex's neck went up. 

"Everyone follow me." The butler said.

He led them to the ballroom. He shut and locked the door. Sherlock looked around. He felt the same as Alex. Something was wrong. Very wrong. The other group was huddled together nervously. They were pathetic. Sherlock had a feeling none of them really knew how to fight. It didn't look like they had any good fighters in their group either. There was suddenly a static noise.

"Attention. This is the killer speaking. Well, not the actual killer. I'm working for him and he's having me give you this message. He would prefer that you didn't hear his voice. This challenge could kill all of you at once. The only chance you have of getting out will be to get through the door at the other side of the room." A new voice said. No one seemed to know who it was. They all collectively looked at the pair of doors. This didn't seem too hard. "I ask you all to gather where the Holmes Group is. By the fireplace, if you don't know what I mean. That's it. Very good. The challenge begins...now."

The speaker where the voice was coming from clicked off. Everyone looked around. This was easy. Too easy. One of the girls from the other group looked around at them all.

"Well, this seems easy enough." She shrugged. She walked out to the middle of the room.

"No, don't, it's-" Sherlock was cut off as something he didn't expect to happen, happened.

A bomb dropped from the ceiling and exploded near the girl. She screamed and fell over. Everyone was in a panic now. Sherlock tried to keep his group calm. Bombs were dropping everywhere now. The other group was running for their life. Sherlock could hear the bombs exploding.

"When I say run, run!" Sherlock yelled to be heard. He made sure his group had heard him. "Do you understand me?"

"Yes!" Alex nodded. She turned back to her group. "When he says run, run!"

"Stay with your partner!" Sherlock said. He grabbed Alex's hand. He waited for the exact right moment. "Follow my lead! RUN!"

Alex struggled to keep up with her husband. They were dodging explosions and falling bombs every second. When they made it to the door, Sherlock tried to open it frantically. It was either locked or jammed. He backed up and slammed his body into it. Alex had just managed to pick the lock with a hairpin she had in. When Sherock crashed into the door, he flew into the wall on the other side of the hall. Alex followed her husband out of the room. Everyone followed them out gradually. Sherlock decided to make sure everyone was there.