Many Happy Returns

It had been a year and a half since Sherlock's death. Alex still missed him terribly. She had grown much stronger though. She hadn't seen John for a few months. She knew he had a new girlfriend named Mary, who Alex absolutely adored. Mary was sweet and funny. Alex and her even had an inside joke, which was, "You have saved our lives! We are eternally grateful!" Alex was getting up one morning when she recieved a text from Lestrade.

Meet me at John's place later today. I've got something to show both of you.

Alex texted him back. Okay. What time?

Around noon would be good.

Okay. I'll see you there.

Alex then took Lou, who had grown a lot, out. Alex was wary now, since she didn't know if David had moved away from 221B or not. Alex still spent a lot of her time writing and composing songs. They were actually good and her name was starting to get around as a songwriter. She had even sold one for Taylor Swift. Alex was quite proud of herself and so was John. She knew Sherlock would be too. She still carried on imaginary conversations with him in her head and insisted on wearing his coat everywhere. She sometimes visited Sherlock's headstone whenever things got hard and would just tell him everything. Molly and her spent a lot of time together and Mycroft checked up on her every once in awhile. 

Alex walked through the park, enjoying the nice spring day, when Lou suddenly looked up and sniffed. He took off towards an ally, ripping the leash out of Alex's hands. Alex streaked off towards the ally, desperate to catch her dog. She smiled as she picked up the dog. He licked her on the chin.

"Hello, Alexandra." An all-too familiar voice said. Alex whirled around. David was standing in the middle of the ally, grinning evilly at her. Alex rolled her eyes, trying to keep her cool.

"Shouldn't you be passed out at a club somewhere, drunk?" She said.

"Oh, stop trying to insult me like you're so cool." David said.

"Insulting you? Oh, no, no, no,I'm describing you." Alex said. 

"Ok, I wasn't going to hurt you too bad, but you just got yourself a full body cast." David said. "That wimpy detective isn't here to take care of you anymore or save your butt."

"I can save my own butt, thank you very much." Alex said. She had grown very brave in Sherlock's absense. 

"Oh, really? I don't remember you trying to save your butt when I was about to hit you when we last saw each other." David said.

"Oh, do you hear that? The sound of me asking for your opinion? Yeah, me neither." Alex said. "I want to beat you up, but then I'd be charged for animal abuse."

"Ok, that's it." David said.

He punched Alex in the face and she fell down with a cry of pain. There were black spots in her vision. She had dropped Lou, who had run out of the ally. David kicked Alex in the ribs and then in the face. He then left. Alex blacked out. 

Alex was standing in 221B. Sherlock was with her. He was alive and healthy. He was looking at her lovingly. He brushed his hand across her cheek and kissed her on the forehead. Alex giggled. Sherlock chuckled. He kissed her on the cheek. He leaned down towards her, about to kiss her on the lips when there was a gunshot. It hit Sherlock right in the chest. Alex let out a strangled scream as Sherlock fell to the ground.

"Alex...Alex..." He said. "Alex! Alex!"

John shook his sister, desperately trying to wake her. She couldn't be dead. If his sister was dead, John knew he would defineatly go insane.