Kidnapped

Vanessa was a little over one year old now. Moriarty still hadn't attacked. Sherlock had a feeling it wasn't Moriarty who was back, but just his network. He didn't want Alex to leave alone, but there were times that she had to. Today was one of those days. She had to go to the doctor's office. Sherlock didn't understand why John couldn't just make house calls, which would save money, but Alex wouldn't have it for some reason. As she was getting ready to leave, Vanessa tried to come with her.

"Mama, I come." She said.

"You can't, sweetie, you have to stay with Daddy." Alex said.

"But Daddy also wants to come with." Sherlock said.

"Sherlock, no." Alex said.

"I'm scared something bad will happen to you." Sherlock said. 

"Sherlock, don't worry. I'll be fine." Alex said, kissing her husband on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too. Be safe, okay?" Sherlock said.

"I will be fine." Alex said. "I'll see you in an hour or two."

"Okay. Bye." Sherlock said as he held open the door. "Call me later."

"I might do that. I might call you." Alex said playfully. She kissed her husband on the lips, letting her forehead rest against his for a moment. "Solve me a crime, Sherlock Holmes." 

Alex left the flat. She felt somewhat uncomfortable when she saw several men with their hoods up, smoking outside of the cafe by the flat. She looked up and was not surprised to see Sherlock watching as she walked away. He would keep an eye on her until he couldn't see her anymore. He was watching the men carefully.

"Okay, Alex, just relax." Alex told herself. She held up her phone and pretended to be checking how she looked, but saw that the men were following her. "Okay...no, look there's a coffee shop. They're just all getting coffee. At the same time...yeah..."

Alex started walking quicker. She could hear the men picking up their pace. Alex started to panic. She knew something bad was going to happen. She should have let Sherlock come with her. Now she was either going to die or get kidnapped. She opened her iMessage and hit Sherlock's contact.

Sherlock, help me. I'm at 

"Who you texting?" Someone asked in her ear. Alex jumped. She hadn't been able to send the text.

"Get away from me." She growled.

"Oh, I don't think she likes that, bro." Another one of the men said.

"No, I don't. So please get away from me." Alex said.

"Where are you going?" The man who seemed to be the leader asked.

"Away from you." Alex said. The man grabbed her and turned her around. "Let. Me. Go."

"I don't think so." The man said. "You're coming with us."

"SHERLOCK!" Alex yelled, his name getting muffled as the man put a cloth over her mouth. It had some sort of drug on it, which made her lose conciousness.

Oh, no, not again. She thought, wishing she could roll her eyes. This was just like the time she had been put in a bonfire with John.

Several hours later, Sherlock was pacing in Baker Street. Alex still hadn't come home and he was scared. Vanessa was taking a nap. Sherlock had tried calling his wife, but her answering machine had picked up. He called the doctor's office next to see if she'd even gotten to her appointment.

"Hi, this is Sherlock Holmes, Alexandra Holmes' husband. I'm calling to see if she made it to her appointment?" He asked.

"No, I don't think she ever arrived." The receptionist said.