Community Service

It had been several months since they had found out Moriarty was back. Nothing had happened to bother them. That's why Sherlock always had Alex with him wherever he went. He didn't want to leave and she got kidnapped. Christmas was almost upon them. Sherlock had been out shopping with John for the perfect gift for Alex. Alex was with Molly and Mary looking for something for Sherlock.

"What do you think he'd want?" She asked Molly.

"I don't know, you know him best." Molly said.

"I have no idea what he'd want!" Alex said.

"Ask John." Mary said.

Alex nodded and called her brother. "Hey, do you know what Sherlock wants for Christmas?"

"He told me he wanted a new scarf. " John said.

"Okay, is that what he wants the most?" Alex asked.

"I think so, yeah." John nodded.

"All right, I got that." Alex said.

"Fine. I'll find something else." John sighed. "I'll see you when I get back to the flat."

Alex, Molly, and Mary hurried to the scarf section. They found a perfect blue scarf for Sherlock and chose it. Mary still had to find a gift for John, Molly, and Alex so Alex and Molly went to a pet store in the mall and bought cat food since Molly needed it for her cat. When Mary was finished, Molly went off to find gifts while Mary and Alex sat down and took a break. Mary's stomach was fully sticking out now. She was told that she would be due in Febuary. John barely left her side now. Sherlock and John were still out. Sherlock still hadn't found the perfect present for Alex.

"Do you think she'd like this?" He asked, holding up a dress.

"Alex doesn't wear dresses." John said. "The only time I saw her in one was at your funeral."

"Then what should I get her?" Sherlock asked.

"I don't know." John said. "Just get her that T-shirt we saw that says 'I'm in Love With a Detective' or something like that. That usually does it for her."

"What did you get her?" Sherlock asked.

"All the seasons of Modern Family on DVD." John said. "Didn't you already buy something for her?"

"That one was an actual surprise." Sherlock said.

"What did you get?" John asked.

"Seriously, what should I get her?" Sherlock asked, changing the subject.

"I don't know!" John said.

"I'll just get the detective T-shirt." Sherlock sighed, picking up the shirt. "My other gift better make up for this."

Finally, Christmas day arrived. Their friends were coming over in the evening. Alex was busy watching all the Christmas movies she had with Sherlock. They were snuggled up against one another. When John and Mary walked in, John laughed.

"You two are so cute together!" Mary said.

"I know it and he knows it." Alex said, kissing Sherlock on the cheek. "He just won't admit it."

"I know something cuter than us together." Sherlock smirked.

"What?" Alex asked.

"You." Sherlock said, tapping her nose.

"You can be so flirty." Alex giggled. "I love you."

"I love you too." Sherlock said.

Later, once everyone had arrived, they started opening gifts. Sherlock didn't deduce anyone to pieces this year, thank God. Alex loved the T-shirt Sherlock had got her. Later, Alex was laying against Sherlock and they were all watching Modern Family. It was the Christmas episode, of course. Suddenly, Sherlock turned around.