Family Reunion

It had been several months since Baby Watson had been born. To avoid confusion whenever John or Mary called her around Alex, they had given her the nickname Lexi. She had gotten a little bigger than when she was first born. Mary was okay. They were all supposed to be meeting today at Mary and John's place.

"Sherlock, we aren't bringing the dog." Alex said.

"Of course we're bringing the dog!" Sherlock said. He had put a bow around Rusty's neck.

"No." Alex said.

"Please?" Sherlock said.

"We don't know how he is with kids." Alex said.

"Fine." Sherlock sighed.

They took a cab to John and Mary's flat. Sherlock rested his chin on Alex's head. Alex pressed her forehead into Sherlock's chest. When they got to the flat, Sherlock looked to Alex.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Ready." Alex nodded.

They walked into the flat. Alex and John embraced, and Sherlock and John shook hands. Alex cooed over Lexi, who was asleep. Sherlock said something kind of loudly and Alex shushed him. She had been on edge lately and it was usually when Sherlock wouldn't get her food from the fridge or he was being irritating.

"Well, um, we're here to tell you something, actually." Alex said.

"All right, go for it." John said.

"Just promise me you won't...freak out." Alex said.

"I won't..." John said, raising his eyebrows.

Alex took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

John gaped for several seconds. Sherlock was grinning proudly. John turned to him, shock written all over his face.

"What?" He said.

"I'm pregnant." Alex repeated.

"But...How?!" John said.

"John, you're a doctor." Sherlock said. "Surely you know how babies are made."

"Of course I do! But you?!" John said. "You and my sister actually-"

"Okay, John, that's enough." Alex said. "Yes, that happened."

"I have no words." John said. "I need to sit down."

John sat down next to Mary on the couch. She was beaming at them. Alex looked to her brother, nervous.

"You're not mad, are you?" She asked.

"No, I'm not mad." John said. "Just a little surprised is all. I'm really happy for you, sis. Come here."

John hugged his sister. Alex sighed in relief. She had been worried that her brother was mad at her and Sherlock. When John let go of Alex, he was smiling.

"So, are you thinking of names?" He asked.

"Not yet, no." Alex shook her head. "If it's a boy, I'll name him after you. If it's a girl, I'll name her after Mary." 

"Oh, did you hear the news?" John asked.

"No." Alex shook her head. "What's up?"

"Our family is having a family reunion." John said.

"What, when?" Alex asked.

"They said next month!" John said. "I wonder if Harry will be there."

"I have not seen any of our family besides you in, like, forever." Alex said. "And that's a good thing."

"Are you gonna go?" John asked.