Fighting Training

When Alex woke up the next morning, she yawned and stretched besides Sherlock. Sherlock was awakened by this. He groaned and pulled a pillow over his face.

"Did you really have to do that?" He asked. "I was having such a good dream."

"Yes." Alex said, pulling the pillow off of Sherlock's face. He sat up and playfully pinned Alex down.

"You should have let me sleep." Sherlock whispered. He nuzzled his wife, who laughed. He let her up. Alex's stomach growled, reminding her of how hungry she was. Sherlock frowned. "Still hungry?"

"Of course." Alex said. "I haven't had anything to eat for awhile." 

"You can eat today, okay?" Sherlock said.

"Really?" Alex said.

"Yeah." Sherlock nodded.

"Thank you." Alex sighed in relief.

They went out into the hall, seeing everyone else gathered there. It looked like they had been waiting for Sherlock. They were all staring at him in respectful silence. Sherlock tensed as he realised that his friends were looking to him for instructions and guidence, like he was the leader. Even Sally and Anderson were looking up to him, even if they didn't like him.

Oh no you don't! I'm not your leader! He thought. 

"Stop looking at me like that. I'm not your leader. We aren't a pack of wolves who looks to the strongest and bravest for guidence." Sherlock said. "If we were looking to the strongest and bravest, that would be John. I'm the smart one, but I'm not cut out to be a leader. If anyone was cut out to be leader, it would be Alex. So don't look at me like that."

"Well, we've got no one else to look to." Molly said. "You're right. You are the smartest. That's why we're looking to you. To be honest, it didn't seem like you minded being in charge yesterday."

"Because I didn't know I was in charge!" Sherlock said.

"Well, now you are." Lestrade said.

"I am not in charge!" Sherlock said.

"Sherlock, just try it!" Alex said. "Please? For me?" 

"I can't believe I'm going to be the leader of the biggest idiots in the world." Sherlock muttered underneath his breath. Only Alex heard. "Fine. I'll take charge, but only for today."

"All right. That's all we're asking for." Alex said.

"So, what's the plan, freak?" Sally asked. 

They treat me like I'm some sort of expert on being a leader. Sherlock said. They don't even know what being a leader means! I've got to look after every single one of them. 

"Um...I guess, same as yesterday." Sherlock shrugged. "Stay with someone at all times and don't stray far from each other. Let's go down to breakfast."

The group walked down to the dining room. Alex was dying to eat something and soon. Sherlock nodded at her once she was served. Alex remembered there were other people here and not to completely embaress herself by stuffing her face. She ate quickly, but taking small bites at a time. She knew after not eating for so long and then eating fast, she could throw up. 

"Smart girl." Sherlock said. "I bet it feels good to get some food in you."

"So good." Alex said. When she finished her breakfast, she rested her head on Sherlock's shoulder. Sherlock rested his cheek on Alex's head. He turned to his friends after they were all done eating.

"Follow me. We're going to the library." He ordered.

He led the group of people he knew to the library and shut and locked the door. Since he was in charge now, he had decided to teach everyone how to fight. John could help. He looked around the group.