There's Nothing You Can't Do

Later that night, after Sherlock had explained everything to John and Alex, they were going to the subway where there would be a bomb right below Parliment. A train car had been detatched from the train. They were walking to the subway, not taking a cab. Alex felt normal again. This was the most normal she'd felt in two years.

"So, it's a bomb then? The tube carriage is carrying a bomb." John said.

"Must be." Sherlock said.

"Right." John said. He took out his phone.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked.

"I'm calling the police." John said.

"What? No!" Sherlock said.

"Sherlock, this isn't a game. They need to evacuate Parliment." John said.

"They'll get in the way, they always do." Sherlock said. "This is cleaner, more efficient." He took out a wrench and started unlocking a gate to underground tracks.

"And illegal." John said.

"A bit." Sherlock said. He opened the door and John and Alex slipped in. As they walked, John took out his phone. There was no service. 

"What are you doing?" Alex called.

"Coming." John said, putting his phone back in his pocket.

They walked for about 30 minutes trying to find the tracks. Alex had her head resting on Sherlock's shoulder. He was holding out his flashlight in one hand and wrapping his other around Alex's shoulder. When they finally found the tracks, Sherlock looked both ways.

"I don't understand." He said.

"That's a first." John said.

"There's nowhere else it could be!" Sherlock said. He went to his mind palace and tried to figure out where the train car would be. "Oh!" He took off running, accidently knocking Alex down. She got up and chased after him.

"What is it?" She asked.

Sherlock jumped down in the middle of the tracks. Alex followed him. She would follow him to the ends of the earth if it ever came to that. She needed to tell him that.

"Hang on, Sherlock." John said.

"What?" Sherlock said.

"That's...isn't it live?" John asked, reffering to the electricity that was running through the tracks.

"Perfectly safe as long as we avoid touching the rails." SHerlock said.

"Of course, yeah. Avoid the rails." John said. "Great."

"This way." Sherlock said.

"Are you sure?" Alex asked.

"Sure." Sherlock said.

Sherlock and Alex walked next to each other, holding hands. John walked in the back. He looked at his sister and best friend holding hands. Alex let go of Sherlock's hand and pointed up ahead.

"Look. There it is." She said.

They walked cautiously into the car after checking the outside for bombs. They shined their flashlights around for a little while. Alex was scared of being blown to bits any second. They weren't able to find anything.

"It's empty." Alex said. "I can't see anything."

Sherlock suddenly saw a few tendrels of wire going into the seats. "Isn't there?"

He ripped off one of the cushions. There were a bunch of wires inside of it. Sherlock felt sick. Alex looked over Sherlock's shoulder.

"What?" She said.