Magnussen

The theme song for this case is The Hanging Tree from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. 

-----------------------

It had been several months since John's wedding. Alex was pacing in Baker Street. He had come home the previous night and then said that he was going out. He had never come back. She was scared. What if someone who hated him or wanted revenge had found him and hurt him? Her phone suddenly rang and she grabbed it and answered.

"Yes?" She said.

"Alex, I've got someone here who wants to talk to you." John said.

"Is it Sherlock?" She asked. "Is he okay?"

"I'm gonna let him tell you." John said. 

"I don't wanna tell her!" Sherlock shouted.

"Too bad!" John said. "Tell your girlfriend where you were!"

Sherlock mumbled something inaudible over the phone. Alex wasn't able to make out what he was saying.

"What did you say?" She asked.

"I was at a drug den." Sherlock said.

"WHAT?!" Alex screamed.

"Yeah, thought you'd say that." John said. "We're taking him to St. Barts. Can you meet us there?"

"Of course I can." Alex said.

She got dressed and caught a cab. She went to St. Barts and waited outside for John and Sherlock. A car arrived that Mary was driving. There was a teenage boy, a twenty year old man, John, and Sherlock in addition to her. Sherlock grinned sheepishly at her.

"Hey..." He said.

"Don't talk to me until I know if you're clean." Alex said.

They went into the building and John explained to Molly what had happened. She handed Sherlock a jar and sent him to the bathroom. When he came back, Molly ran tests on his urine which took about thirty minutes.

"Well? Is he clean?" John asked as Molly took off her gloves.

"Clean?" Molly said. She walked up to Sherlock and slapped him. Sherlock blinked. Molly slapped him again. And then a third time. "How dare you throw away the beautiful gifts you were born? And how dare you betray the love of your friends and the trust and devotion of your girlfriend? Say you're sorry!"

"Sorry your engagement's over." Sherlock said. "Thought I'm fairly grateful for the lack of the ring."

"Stop it." Molly said. "Just stop it."

Sherlock looked at Alex. She was looking at him in disgust. John walked up to him.

"If you were anywhere near this kind of thing again you could have called me, you could have talked to me." He said. "Alex do you have anything to say?"

"I can't even find the words to describe how furious and upset I am." Alex shook her head. 

"Oh, please, do relax. This is all for a case." Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"What case would need you to do this?!" Alex asked. 

"I might as well ask John why he's started cycling to work." Sherlock said.

"No, we're not playing this game." Alex said.

"Quite recently, I'd say, he's very determined about it." Sherlock said.

"Sherlock, be quiet." Alex said. "None of us are intrested." 

"I am. Ow!" The young man said.

"Sorry, you moved." Mary said. "But it is just a sprain."