The Wedding

It had been a few weeks since Sherlock and Alex had gotten engaged and they had begun planning the wedding. Sherlock was secretly nervous and Alex was beginning to be able to tell. Molly was going to be her cheif bridesmaid and John was going to be the best man. Mary was also going to be part of Alex's bridesmaids, but Alex was making sure that Mary and John danced together. Molly would dance with Lestrade. Moriarty still hadn't attacked, so Sherlock was even more worried. He was scared that something would happen at the wedding.

"Alex, have you found anyone else you want to invite?" Sherlock asked.

"My parents, mye sister, and maybe a few others." Alex said.

"That many people?" Sherlock asked.

"Well, I don't have to invite my sister..." Alex said.

"No, no, it's fine!" Sherlock said. "Whatever you want, dear."

"Hey, we're running low on food." Alex said. "Do you want to come with me to the store?"

"Fine." Sherlock sighed.

Alex quickly made a list of what they needed. They then got a cab and went to the store. Alex and Sherlock split up, though Sherlock was a bit reluctant about it. Alex assured Sherlock that she would be fine and that Moriarty wouldn't be dumb enough to hurt her in a store full of people. Sherlock finally agreed and they went their seperate ways. They met up every once in awhile. Alex made sure Sherlock wasn't buying anything that could prove dangerous whenever they did. When she deemed him clean, she would kiss him on the cheek and be on her way. While she was searching for something in an aisle, she got the feeling that someone was looking at her. She ignored the feeling, but when it didn't stop, she got nervous. She turned around and saw a man checking her out. Alex adjusted her shirt so it covered her completely just to be safe.

Go away, go away, go away! She thought desperately.

The man walked up to her and Alex stiffened. He put her arm around her waist. Alex pushed his arm away and looked at him.

"Can you please not do that?" She asked.

"I'm just being friendly." The man said. He tried to do it again and Alex pushed him away again.

"Look, could you please leave me alone?" Alex asked politely.

"You should be taking this as a compliment." The man said.

"Well, I'm not." Alex said. "Now, please, leave me alone."

"Geez, what is wrong with you?" The man said. "I'm just being nice!"

"Hey!" Sherlock, like a female wolf protecting her pups, swept in and stood in front of Alex. "She's asking you very politely to leave you alone and I would suggest that you do so."

"Who the heck are you?" The man asked.

"I'm her fiance. Now, leave her alone." Sherlock said. The man left and then Sherlock turned to Alex. "Are you okay?"

"I'm just fine." Alex nodded. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Sherlock said. He kissed her on the cheek. "Let's go. I think we have everything we need."

While they were waiting in line, Alex turned around and rested her chin on Sherlock's chest. Sherlock smiled and pet her hair. He kissed her on the forehead. Alex smiled and closed her eyes in bliss. When they had paid for everything, they hailed a cab and went home. This was some of the only time they got together when they weren't planning for the wedding. Alex was excited, but nervous at the same time. She was worried that she would change towards Sherlock when they got married. She didn't want that to happen.