Appledore

"I thought you were going to stay, Alex." Sherlock said as he and John walked outside.

"I thought I'd come to protect you." Alex lied. She just hadn't wanted to be left behind.

"My hero!" Sherlock said sarcastically. He turned to John. "Coming?"

"Where?" John asked.

"Want your sister to be safe?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah, of course I do." John nodded.

"Good, because this is going to be incredibly dangerous." Sherlock said. "One false move, and we'll have betrayed the security of the United Kingdom and be imprisoned for false treason. Magnussen is quite simply the most dangerous man we've ever encountered and the odds are comprehensively stacked against us."

"But it's Christmas!" John said.

"I feel the same!" Sherlock smiled turning to John. His smile faded. "Oh, you mean it's actually Christmas. Did you bring your gun like I suggested?"

"Why would I bring my gun to your parents' house for Christmas dinner?!" John asked.

"Is it in your coat?" Sherlock asked, handing John his coat.

"Yes." John muttered.

"Off we go, then." Sherlock said.

"Where are we going?" Alex asked.

"Appledore." Sherlock said.

While they were on the helicopter, Alex was trying not to look down. She had always been a little scared of heights. They made her dizzy and her stomach turn. She looked at Sherlock.

"Why do you hate Magnussen so much?" She asked.

"Because he finds people who are different and prey on their secrets. He's also after the woman I love." Sherlock said. "I'm not going to let that happen."

They both looked out the window and saw a large, circular building. Appledore. Alex hadn't remembered one tiny fact: she was going to have to see Magnussen again after trying to kill him.

"Sherlock, I change my mind!" Alex said.

"You can't now, Alex." Sherlock said. "I'm going to be right there. You'll be fine."

The helicoptor landed and the three of them got out. Sherlock held Alex's hand. They were led up to where Magnussen was. He nodded to them. Alex glared back.

"I would offer you a drink, but it's very rare and expensive." Magnussen said. Sherlock sat down on the couch next to him.

"Oh. It was you." Sherlock said, glancing at the video Magnussen was watching. It was of the fire that John and Alex had been put in.

"Yes, of course." Magnussen said. "Very hard to find a pressure point on you, Mr. Holmes."

"Hm." Sherlock said.

"The drugs thing I didn't believe for a minute. Anyway, you wouldn't care if it was exposed, would you?" Magnussen asked. "But look how you care about Alexandra Watson. Your damsel in distress."

"You...put me and my sister in a fire for leverage?" John said.

"Oh, I would never let you two burn, Dr. Watson. I had people standing by." Magnussen said. "I am not a murderer. Unlike your sister."

"Right here!" Alex said, raising her hand. John pushed Alex behind him protectively.

"Let me explain how leverage works, Dr. Watson. For those who understand these things, Mycroft Holmes is the most powerful man in the country. Well, apart from me." Magnussen said, getting up and swiping the video of the fire away. "Mycroft's pressure point is his junkie detective brother Sherlock. Sherlock's pressure point is the love of his life Alexandra Watson. Alexandra's pressure point is her brother. John Watson's pressure point is his wife and sister. I own John Watson's sister, I own Mycroft. He's what I'm getting for Christmas."