Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty Four

I open my eyes and drag my hair out of my face using my entire hand. The small motel room is now lit up with sunlight illuminating through the thin curtains.

I'm in the same position that I fell asleep in last night, facing Traces bed. There's a major difference in his bed now though, he's not in it.

I sit up slowly and look around the room, "Trace?"

A few seconds go by and I don't hear an answer. It makes sense that he wouldn't answer considering the room isn't big enough to really hide in and the only other place he could be is the bathroom. I can see inside the restroom and it's empty.

The room is quiet and seems so empty without him. Where did he go?

He's probably just out running or something. Athletic people run in the mornings right?

My eyes scan the room and I see a small, white sheet of paper placed gently on the dresser underneath the television stand.

I climb out of bed and make my way to the dresser, reading the note that says: Gone to get breakfast. I'll be back soon.

Ah, so he isn't running.

Well, since I'm stuck in this motel room alone I may as well get my shower out of the way.

I walk into the bathroom and grab a towel from the rack, placing it on the toilet lid. I quickly undress and get in. The warm water against my skin is welcoming as I sing along to the music my phone is playing.

Normally I take showers for about thirty minutes but since we're on a tight schedule I decided to cut the shower about twenty minutes shorter. Not that it would matter if Trace isn't back yet since I can't go anywhere without his truck.

I cut the water off and wrap the towel around myself before putting an end to my music.

As I open the bathroom door, I'm stunned to see Trace setting his keys down on his nightstand facing me. He's looking down at the bag of food in his hand which means he hasn't seen me yet.

I stand frozen for a moment. If Trace looks up and sees me I'll never hear the end of it.

All I have to do is close the door and ask him to hand me my clothes.

I take a small step backwards and Trace looks up from the sudden movement. A smirk appears on his face and he crosses his arms over his broad chest.

"So I can't sleep without a shirt, but you can walk around the room in a towel?" he asks, amusement lacing his every word.

His eyes trail down my body before speaking quietly, "Seems a little unfair if you ask me."

This towel is smaller than the ones I have at home and right now, I'm really missing my bigger, longer towels. This one falls slightly above mid thigh and I can feel the water dripping down my legs, gaining his attention.

I shift uncomfortably under his gaze and take a deep breath to compose myself before speaking, "I guess it's a good thing I didn't ask you then."

He brings his eyes up to meet mine and frowns, "Rude."

I point to my bag setting on the floor beside my bed, "Could you please grab me an outfit?"

He turns to look at my bag, a mischievous glint flickering in his eyes.

"Okay."

I smile at him and nod as gratitude. He walks over to my bag and picks it up off the floor, placing it on the bed in front of me.