Chapter 63

Chapter Sixty Three

"Damn, who is that sexy thing sitting at our table." Ethan teases as I sit down.

I'm in black yoga pants with a turquoise long sleeved shirt on. My hair is in a messy bun since I didn't get a shower last night. And to top off the raggedy look I'm not so obviously rocking, no makeup.

After Trace left last night all I wanted to do was burrow myself up. I don't even want to be here but I have to be for exams. The entire situation regarding Trace and trust is just messed up.

I understand that I screwed up but no matter how hard my brain tries to convince me Trace is good, my heart hurts as I remember how Cole was bad. I don't want to do that again.

Cole broke me down and Trace built me back up. I believed I loved Cole but when I met Trace I realized how utterly wrong I was. There was a time I cared for Cole, but I've never loved him.

I'm not even certain that I love Trace. He undoubtedly means the world to me. There's nobody that can make me feel the way he can with a simple glance, and a quick smile.

If Cole was able to hurt me the way he did when I didn't even love him, then how will I react to Trace breaking my heart? Getting too close is dangerous. It means I'm giving myself to him and he can do whatever he wants to me. He'll have complete control over my thoughts, emotions, feelings.

Do I trust him enough to give him that?

Now, everything that's happened these past few... weeks? I was about to say days until I remembered how recently everything eventful has been. With Trace, nothing is boring. He could make eating toast the biggest experience of your life.

But instead I'm stuck sitting in chemistry class getting prepared for the final exam.

"Well I think you look great." Mason glares at his friend before giving me a kind smile.

"What happened?" Josephine asks.

Thank goodness I've got this class with her. I'd go crazy with only Mason and Ethan. I love them, but sometimes they're a lot.

"Trace and I had a fight." I don't go into detail with it, trying to keep it simple.

Ethan frowns, "Are you still friends? That'll be seriously awkward at the lunch table if Cameron is gone and you and Trace are enemies now."

She slaps his arm for me. I smile at her in thanks.

"They were together you idiot." she rolls her eyes, he gapes.

"What?" turns to Mason, "Dude, Emma and Trace were a thing!"

Mason nods, "Dude, I know."

He turns to Josephine who has a bored look.

"Did you know about this too, Josie?"

She nods. He frowns again, "Am I the only one who wasn't caught up on the relationship status?"

The three of us look back and forth at one another before nodding, "Yea, basically."

Ethan crosses his arms, pouting.

We talk for a few more minutes and for the first time since last night I find myself smiling a genuine one. I'm happy for a minute.

The minute is long lived as the teacher walks into the room, announcing the exam is about to begin.

Luckily, it's a group exam though so we're all still able to talk to one another. Another great thing about it is that we have Josephine. She's a girl version of Einstein.