Chapter 32

Chapter Thirty Two

"That was fun," Trace tells me honestly as we drive back to dad's house, "I like your parents."

I laugh, "Well, they seem to like you too."

He turns to me and smiles. It isn't a smile directed towards me but just a smile. He likes the fact that my parents like him and I like that he likes that.

"I wish mom would've stopped sharing so much though," I groan into my hands, remembering how she wouldn't stop telling embarrassing stories of me as I kid.

Trace shakes his head teasingly, "Really? Cause I enjoyed them immensely."

I glare at him and he chuckles. She revealed at least three memories that I never wanted uncovered but at the same time I'm glad they bonded.

"She told you about how I named my favorite hairbrush Ms. hairy," I say and groan again at the memory.

He laughs and shrugs, "I thought it was cute."

Glad someone thought my six year old nicknames were cute.

We each grab our bags and get out of the car.

It's almost nine o' clock and all I want to do is sleep. We've been staying up late and waking up early for too long. Now we don't have anywhere to be in the morning or tonight. Now we can sleep earlier and later.

The front door is unlocked as we walk inside. I walk upstairs to get the guest bedroom ready for us. Trace stands at the bottom of the stairs for a moment before I hear him start walking behind me.

Across the hall from my old room, or Lailas current room, is the room we'll be sleeping in.

"You can set your stuff in here," I say and he walks in, eyeing the room.

This is the second largest bedroom after my fathers room. It's bigger than the bedroom I had when I was here, the only thing I didn't like about it was the closet was the smallest of all of the closets. It wouldn't even hold half of my clothes, and I don't even have that many clothes.

The walls are painted a light red, it almost looks pink. There's a queen sized bed placed in the center of the room and other than a television hanging on the wall, a dresser is the only other piece of furniture.

"Where can I take a shower?" Trace asks shyly and walks over to the bed, he seems nervous.

I didn't expect him to want to shower. I forgot he takes his at night and I take mine in the morning, that's come in handy on this trip though.

He could use my and Lailas bathroom but we wouldn't have anything for him. He'd be better off using my dad's shower. Trace can use his shampoo and soap.

"You can use my dad's," I say easily and Trace grabs an outfit before following me downstairs.

I show him the bathroom and where the soap and rags are kept. He starts taking off his shirt and I set a towel on the toilet lid quickly before leaving, hearing his deep chuckles behind me.

He should've known that stripping in front of me would make me uncomfortable. Actually, I'm almost certain he did. He expects my uneasiness every time he does something like that, like take his shirt off or get closer than necessary. He enjoys watching me squirm.

"Can I borrow a pair of pajamas?" I ask Laila and she looks up from her phone.

She's laying on her bed with her feet crossed, "The closets over there." she says obviously, pointing to the door in front of her.

I roll my eyes at her and open the small closet door. Her clothes are limited since she's been sharing with mom for the past three days but I manage to find a pair of shorts and a tank top.