Chapter 60

Chapter Sixty

Trace POV

"Damn, Trace!" I turn to see the face that owns the loud voice.

"What?"

Lucas shrugs, eyeing me up and down. He bites his lip in a teasingly gay way, gesturing for me to come closer. I know he's only doing this because of my outfit.

After football I quickly showered and threw on a pair of blue jeans and a white button up shirt. My hair is still a mess but that doesn't matter. I don't even need to dress up but I wanted to look at least a little professional to tour an apartment.

I've got an appointment to look at one in less than an hour. Speaking of which, I should hurry or I'm not going to make it on time.

"This body is for my girl only, Luke." wink.

He rolls his eyes, "Get your sexy ass out of here before you're late."

I laugh and climb into the truck. Her paint is beginning to chip off along the doors too. Before it was only chipping at the handles and a little on the hood but now the doors are losing their paint. I need to get her fixed up soon.

I drive out of the parking lot and somehow I find myself thinking about Emma. No matter what I'm doing, my mind always wanders back to her. The thought of her makes me smile. Her delicious smell, the way her eyes hold so much innocence and desire. The sounds she makes when I kiss her.

She can do whatever she wants to me, she knows that. I'll take anything she wants to give me too. I want all of her. Every last thing about her is completely beautiful.

Everything about her drives me f ucking crazy.

I wanted to invite her to come with me today. We could look at my apartment together, maybe one day she can move in with me and it'll be ours. Even if she doesn't want to move in, she's always welcome to stop by. Spend the night even.

Spend the night with her: that'd be a dream. Even if we don't do anything I'd just love being next to her all night long. Drowning in her smell, her cuddled into my arms. That'd be the perfect night.

I asked her if she'd join me on this apartment browsing adventure but she declined my offer. She said she needs to help her sister set up her new room.

Laila moved in with them, I was surprised when Emma told me. She only told me because the topic was brought up.

She's been a little off lately. She's upset about something, confused. But every time I try to ask her about it she shuts me down.

I feel like she might be mad at me for something but I don't know what I did. If I did something she'd tell me, right? How could I improve if I don't know what I did wrong?

Maybe she isn't even mad at me though. It's hard to tell now. She's closing herself off more than she used to. She's never been easy to read but paying close attention she's an open book. Lately it doesn't matter how much I study her I just come up blank. She won't allow me to see past what I've already managed to figure out: she's upset. Not knowing why is killing me though.

I slide into a parking spot close to the room I want to look at. It's on the bottom floor since there's no way in hell I'm going up an elevator everyday. Stairs are different than elevators, but I sort of hate both.

An apartment is different than a home and I don't want higher than level one.

I check the time: ten minutes early.

I go ahead and check into the front desk. A woman walks out from the back. She looks about age thirty in the face but all of her hair is a perfect shade of brown letting me know she dyes it. After a certain point you can no longer fool people because it just becomes unnatural. Her lips hold a friendly smile.