Chapter 74

Chapter Seventy Four

I followed Trace's advice and called my sister when I got home last night. I told her that I was a being a little hard on her and accepted her apology. She sounded genuinely surprised that I was calling to forgive her but I think it went well.

She invited me to go out with her today. Turns out that she never went with dad back to California. Mom dropped her off an hour from here, she's got her own house with a chick she met online.

I'm on my way to meet her at the mall right now. I think spending some time with my sister could be fun, we used to do a bunch of wild stuff when we got together. Maybe we could go back to that and I could actually enjoy her presence.

I pull into the parking lot and she sends me a text to let me know she see's me. A few minutes later, she's in front of my car smiling.

"Hey Emma, damn girl those jeans make your ass look tight!" she greets me.

And we're back to how we were before the incident destroyed our relationship. We've never really been close seeing as we're two completely different people with absolutely nothing in common but we used to manage just fine. We can go back to that.

I laugh.

We walk inside the mall and what seems like a hundred stores become visible. I look around the open area as I try to decide which store I want to visit first. There's so many options. I could go with makeup, clothes, shoes, toys, bags... etc. Anything I could possibly need is in this giant building of stores. I love the mall.

I point to a store, knowing I need a new pajama set.

"Let's go in there." she follows me into the store and we browse through the clothes. We each find one we want and head into the dressing room.

It makes sense that we'd each get our own dressing room but if we're in two separate rooms how could we tell the other whether or not they look cute. The cashier insisted we use different rooms but Laila is very persuasive when she wants something.

I hold up my white and yellow stripped pajama pants and matching short sleeved shirt.

"I see London, I see France..." Laila shouts in a singsong voice before I slap her.

She laughs and I can hear the male cashier outside chuckling at us.

When I get it on I like the way it fits. It's tight around all of my curves, showcasing everything I have.

We settle on these pajamas. They're both exactly the same except where my stripes are white and yellow, she has white and navy blue.

Once we pay for the items, we go back into the dressing room and change into them. We put our old clothes in the shopping bag and head out of the store in our new pajama sets.

"Since you like shopping and I agreed to do this just for you, can we play truth or dare while we shop and make it more fun for my entertainment?" she suggests. I take a deep breath.

Truth or dare is a lot of fun to play if played with the right people. Laila is the type of person who would make me give an innocent old man a lap dance. This could be a very bad idea.

"Only if you promise to behave."

She sighs, "I'll see what I can do."

Reluctantly, I nod. She grins.

"For your first dare, you have to go into that mattress store and test the beds."

Oh, she's evil. I'm wearing pajamas now!