10

Five Years Later

Jennie

"Jennie?" I looked up from my computer looking at the guy who just entered my office.

"Kai? Is there a problem?"

"Nothing serious actually but I have things I would want to consult."

I pause for a moment. And signaled him to continue what he was supposed to say.

"It's about your mom, Jen. She just recently called me and asked me to update her and how you were doing? But as I have promised you, I diverted the conversation. You know we can't keep pretending about us right?"

"But you have agreed to this guy you can't put me in a pedestal right now?"

"I have also alive you know that right? I can't keep making an alibi to Krystal how about how I can't have a fix date with our wedding."

I sighed knowing that he was right. It has been already five years, and last year I decided that in order to make my parents get off my back is that to introduce them to a guy of whom they could trust the safety of their daughter. That's where I met Kai. He had agreed to help but it was just in the recent months that I had discovered that he is already bethrothed to someone else. His fiancé was already insistent that they should already get married has it has already been far too long.

Knowing that I cannot totally be a hindrance towards other people's relationship, I decided to make a call to my parents making them know that I am perfectly safe and to stop pestering Kai as he had no involvement with me.

"We have been agreeing to what you have always asked Jennie. But for now, please do respect for what we ask of you and come home darling. We miss you." Upon hearing those words, I was Frozen in place knowing that I could not bear to go back to a place that I totally wouldn't want to be at for as long as I live.

However, I know that I cannot escape my parents request any further. Thus, I begrudgingly replied that I would be there.

Once I have absorbed the fact that I was going home. I began my preparation.

"Atty Kim? You called for me?"

"Hani please do submit my letter of transfer to Atty. Newman. And inform him that the request is due to urgency."

"Will do Atty."

As soon as she left, I reclined at my chair, turning it around to face the wonderful scenery displayed beyond the glass.

I sighed knowing that any time now, I would be facing the truth that I have longed forgotten but deep in my mind I was hoping that if ever I would have an encounter with her it would be pleasant.

However, all those thoughts were merely false hopes knowing that she would hold a grudge for the way things have turned out with us.

Lisa the name and person that I was hoping would forgive me for leaving without a word.