20

Jennie

As I recalled her reply to me last night, I was beyond aggravated at how demanding she was. But knowing how to cross the path of escalating things between us, I did my best to avoid confronting her.

I am currently sitting inside the coffee shop that she said we would meet. I actually arrived on time and she was late. If she was supposed to stood me up today, I intend on sending her a text to find another counsel whose time she could waste.

About ten minutes later, she arrived and did not even apologize for being tardy. Calm down Jennie, she is just testing you.

"Attorney, are these the evidence that you mentioned on your text?" She asked as she slid a folder containing the supposed documents that I have asked of her.

I checked the folder and scanned through the documents. It indeed contained the one's that I have asked of her.

"Yes." I simply answered and set aside the documents. "Lisa..."

"Please do call me Ms. Manoban. I would not want people to misunderstand that we are in some kind of personal relationship." I gritted my teeth upon hearing her interjection. I straightened my posture before deciding to continue what I was supposed to say.

"Ms. Manoban" I started mentioning the word with a hard tone in my voice. "As I was saying, before we file a judicial affidavit do you mind if we conduct a settlement between the parties. I am sure her attorney would somehow backdown once he would hear what we have to say."

"What do you intend to do?"

"Pay them up" she then glared at me.

"That is absurb. You here to avoid thw possibility of paying them such a large sum of money." She reiterated dimly.

"You did not let me finish. I would give them a proposition where they could avoid going to jail and backdown from threatening your company and at the same time give them at most an amount that would be enough. This would be an advantage to your part knowing that your company could avoid further damage." She then leaned closer.

"And what makes you think I could trust your word Jennie?" She asked.

"Since we are on first name basis already, listen Lisa, by all means you can end my obligation to you as your counsel. But, I can assure you that I know what I am doing." I looked at her not even blinking for a second. "Look, take your time to think about it. I know things between us are not good but I won't put a client at risk by any cause. If you think you can trust me enough, prepare a meeting with them and text me once you did so we can prepare for the settlement. However, if you decided to part ways as attorney and client feel free to message me as we still have to deal with it in a legal way."

With that being said I stood up and left her in the table. Wishing in mind that she would agree with me knowing it was the only best way to beat money hungry people.