23

Jennie

Early this morning, I received a text message from an unknown number.

You are cordially invited to attend a grand masquerade how to get in Incheon, tomorrow, 7pm. We hope to see you there.

It was then that I heard my door being bangged with such superior strength...

I went to the door and saw Irene in her supposed second attempt to knock at the door.

"Unnie you could have used the doorbell." She then rolled her eyes at me. "I did Jen for five times already."

"Anyways did you have breakfast already." I shook my head. "Then it is your lucky day that I brought you one."

It was then that I remembered receiving a weird message from my phone. "Unnie, by any chance do you receive an anonymous invitation today?"

"About what?" And I showed her the text to which her eyes suddenly glimmered. "Oh you received this from the town. It usually invites single people that is why I was not able to receive one unlike before. For sure it is sponspored by one of the rich."

"Do you think I should go?"

"You should!" She said enthusiastically. "But isn't kinda fast? I mean I do not have enough time to find for a dress when the ball is tomorrow night."

She then looked at me quizically "Let me ask you again Jen, who is your friend here?"

"Of course it is you unnie."

"And where do I live?" What is with her suddenly throwing questions?

"Here in Seoul."

"Hayss Jennie, you are still the slowest Mandu. I basically live her most of my lifetime. I can get you the dress for tomorrow and even help you up with your make up."

Hearing her say those, I allowed myself to hug her all of a sudden.

Chae

It was around late afternoon when I received a text from Irene unnie that Jennie had received the invite and is more than happy to attend the ball.

If anyone was wondering who sent the invite, it was from me. When Jisoo got home last night she had inform me of the dilemma our friend Lisa was facing.

After hearing what she had to say, I suggested to call Irene unnie and the three of us formed a plan to lead those to together.

What was spectacular of a timing was, the ball will at the same time celebrate the success of our recently released album. It is a win - win situation.

"I am home." The voice of ny beloved girlfriend boomed in the room.

"Here in the kitchen!" I shouted in response. Jisoo and I had lived together in quite sometime already and everything is pure bliss.

It was then that I felt her hands wrap around my waist. "What you cookin, love?"

"I am making chicken skewers. I hope you like it?" I did not received an answer but she did pecked my lips.

"I'll freshen up and I'll help you after." She said. "Alrighty."

After around 20 minutes Chu had finally freshen up and had placed the utensils and plate in the dining table.

Once we have settled in place, she immediately began our usual evening catch ups on how our day went.

"Any news on the invite?"

"Irene unnie said that Jennie would be coming" Chu the beamed at me. "I cannot wait when they see each other tomorrow."

"Do you think Lisa would be mad at us for doing this behind her back?" She paused for a minute and answered. "I honestly don't care. Because seeing her yesterday as a mess was not a sight to look at. We are actually doing her a favor."

"But still she is sensitive about these kind of things."

"And where did that led her?" I sighed knowing Chu always had a question to throw back. "Do not get me wrong love but I think it is high time she stopped being stubborn and face the love of her head on. Like what happened to us. And look where we are right now." As she said those words, I could not have been more thankful. I just responded by giving her a kiss and caressing her hand in the process. How lucky I am to have her in my life.